CHAPTER 4-PARTIES AND SLEEPOVERS

(Chase)

Holy Cheese!
Mom heard what I said. This must be a dream.
"Mom, did you hear what I said?" I asked. Feeling dumb for asking
"Sweetie, it's obvious that you like her! The way you look at her is just amazing. But, I'm proud of you." She said sleepily
"Wait, why are you proud of me?"
"You'll soon know." She chuckles and began to doze off.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I wake up to see Sophie, Charlie, Cole, and my cousin, Maria. Mom was still sleeping and Sarah nowhere to be seen.

"Finally! You woke up! Chase, damn! You're like..a..a.." Cole tried to say but was speechless
"Shut up Cole!"
"Shush! Can't you two stay as friends for one day! I know you two can! So, put a sock in it!" Maria snapped. This never happens. Did World War Three happen when I was out?

"Can I go home now? I feel better. And I want to know who brought you four here?"

I was greeted by silence.

"Cole, Charlie. Is this your plan?"
"Um... It was Maria's idea!" The twins said in unison and pointed at Maria
"Really? Maria is this true?"

"Yeah," she said sadly, "It's because I don't want to see your stupid dad anymore ok? I hate him! He treats us like military people! And I don't like wearing pants!" She whined.

I chuckled. Then, they all burst into tears. I tried to fix the problem but, I just made it worse. I am so confused. I'm the worst person to deal with emotions.

"Ok! Cut it out!"
They all stop crying
"Listen, Cole and Charlie; call the nurse. Sophie and Maria stay with me, I don't want society to see you in pants! I want to see the old gals I used to see! Ok?!"
"Yeah!" They shout
"Shush! Mom's still sleeping!"
The ninja twins leave the room and Maria and Sophie; stayed right beside me.

A few minutes passed a nurse bursts into the room and behind her are the twins.

"What happened?" The nurse says
"Can I go home now?"
"You can go home when the doctor says so and you'll need to lay off your leg, Ok?"
"Kay," I said and the nurse goes out of the room leaves us.

"Guys! Wake mom up!"
We all tried our different antics to wake mom up. Until I got the idea to let the twins sing.

"Charlie, Cole! Sing Listen now!"
They both sing. They managed to wake mom up when they reach the highest note in that song.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•

We all went home. I see my dad on the couch. I usher the little ones upstairs. I stay at the top of the stairs to eavesdrop on mom and dad.

"How could you almost kill our son!" My mom shouted
"I was drunk," Dad answered lazily
"You're pathetic." Mom spat
"So are you." He retorted
"At least, I don't run over kids on the streets!" She shouted. She sighed loudly, "you know what? Let's just get this over with." Mom finished calmly
"Sure."
"Ok, before that. Chase, eavesdropping isn't nice. Now go to another person's house or your room."

•~•~•~•~•~•~•
(Sarah)

I heard a lot of screaming in Chase's house. I still don't know how Chase crashed into a car.

Peanut Butter came out of hiding and started whining at me. I picked her up and scratched her ear.

I heard my phone getting tons of notifications and grabbed it to check out what was happening. I get this timely call from Alex.  I pick up and she goes on to tell me that we're having a sleepover at her place and apparently everyone was allowed to go even me. She ended the call and I had to put Peanut Butter down to fix my stuff.