CHAPTER 5- FIRE

(Chase)

I woke up to feel my head was throbbing. I get up and I felt even worse. I ran to the bathroom and puked everything I ate last night. What happened last night?

I went down and grabbed an apple. I was supposed to watch the finals in hockey and laze around on the couch.

Took another glance at the couch. It took a while for my brain to process that there was a body lying there. I dropped the apple and I poked the body. It bolts up and slaps me straight to my face. I clutched my cheek as the slap left my cheek stinging. I look back to the person on the couch and wait patiently for the person. the person whirls their head towards me and opens their eyes. I stepped back as I saw the red in their eyes. 

"Hey! Your bimbos scratched my arm last night!" the person says groggily
"What?" 
"Here!" They show their arm covered with gauze tape. There were visible bloodstains to say that this was no joke.

"What were they doing to me?" I ask, curious
"Lap dancing a minor." They replied lamely
"Could you demonstrate?" My eyes sparkling with mischief and a smirk appearing on my lips.

"Yeah, right." She rolled her eyes and started gathering her belongings, "bye, Chase." She said and walked out of the house.

The door opens again and I whip my head back to the door but groaned when I saw Parker walk in.

"So, am I not welcome anymore?" he asks. I sigh and gesture him to sit on the couch, "Are we still going to watch the finals?" he asks and opens the television.
"Yeah sure." I stood up and grabbed some bread to toast.
"So, do you remember what happened last night?" he asks. I look back at him and 
"No clue, buddy." I shrug. We both sigh and watch the finals.

I shifted on my seat and something poked my thigh. I fished out the 

(Sarah)

"Guys! Listen!" Coach's voice booms in the locker room. And everyone becomes silent
"And girls!" Polly said which made me giggle
"Ok! Whatever! You guys need to train hard this week! Next Saturday, we'll have the playoffs against the Red Devils of Montessori Academy. Wear your uniforms and line up outside on the field! Now!"

We all rushed to put on our uniforms and our gear. Polly and I were the first ones out of the locker room.

"I'm going to give you your new positions for the playoffs! Better stick with it or leave without it! Got it?"
"Yes, Coach!" We all shout
"Good!"

"I call your name and tell you your position. And you position yourselves in offense!"

"Yes, coach!" We reply

"Evan!"
Evan runs to coach
"Yes, coach!"
"Right tackle!"
And he runs off the field and he stands there in his position.

Almost half of the team was called. The only people left was Me, Polly, and Ralph

"Quartz!"
Polly runs to coach, "Coach!" She says like a soldier salute.
"Full back!" Coach booms. All of the guys' cheer and holler

It was only left to Me and Ralph. The only position left was QB (Quarter Back). I've dreamt of being a quarterback. And I still hold to that dream, and I'm not losing hope.

"Ralph!"
He runs to coach
I feel like my life is shattered into a million pieces. I didn't need to hear my heartbreaking news.

It all changed until I hear loud gasps, that just then I became alert.
"Sarah!" Coach called out
"Coach?" I ask my face showing confusion but my eyes display sadness
"You're our new QB!" As if my world lit up a new brighter light for me to step into. I smiled, my dreams weren't destroyed (yet).