CHAPTER 2-THE LETTER

Ten years later....

(Sarah Pines)

"Sarah, Sweetheart! You're going to be late for school!" Mom yelled from downstairs
I groggily sat up and grabbed my glasses. I stared blankly at the window and thought about school. My mind wandered to some distant world, but Mom yelled again and snapped me back to reality. After realizing that mom might douse me in cold water, again. I dashed to the bathroom ASAP and bathed myself in a new record of three minutes with five minutes to spare.

I took an old black band shirt and covered it with an oversized black hoodie. I took out my distressed jeans, matched it all with my black converse, took my bags, and dashed to the bus. The bus stopped and opened the door and I went in. I sat at the front and slept until we arrived at school.

•~•~•

I met up with my best friends, Pam and Polly, in the empty band room
"Hey, Pines! How's the morning?" Pam greeted me cheerfully and followed by a creepy wide smile
"Great!" I said sarcastically
"How's the investigation?" She whispered in my ear.
"Still the same weather today, Pam," I said
"Good! I'll need the full report on the investi-" I clamped her mouth shut and I felt Polly's anger radiate.
"Will you two stop that investigation?!" Polly exclaimed in frustration
"Sorry." PAm and I murmured in unison
"Well, let's get a move on! We don't want to be late on a Monday!" Polly said like nothing happened while skipping out of the band room. Pam and I looked at each other and groaned.
The door opened and revealed Polly's head and said; "Hurry up slowpokes! Hurry!" Pam and I walked out of the quiet and peaceful band room to the noisy and crowded hall.

As usual, Polly and Pam split up and I was left all alone, walking to the chemistry lab. I was walking like I was in a park, a crowded and noisy one. I looked up to the notice board and I saw the most horrible sign I've ever seen in my whole life! How could glitter turn black then change into a shade of brown? Matched with that bad calligraphy? That is a big NO-NO.

I walked out of the crowd forming around the notice board. Speaking about signs, I could write a sign saying:

'This is Sarah Pines. A Loner'

Haha! Yeah, I feel so stupid right now. I think I'm smiling. Wait, why is everyone looking at me? Just don't think about it! Breathe in and out. Just keep walking. And I'm talking to myself, again. Breathe in and out and walk faster.

•~•~•~•~•~•

I was just around the corner to the chemistry lab. Then suddenly I fell face-first to the floor. I heard a loud shrilly howl of laughter in front of me. I looked up and I saw Alanna. Just, great to start my day! Just great!

I stood up and brushed myself off. I look up and saw Alanna with Tanya. Tanya was supposed to be my only friend that doesn't know anything about my past. All she knows is my present self, and that's the way I want it.

"Move it brat!" She said in her high shrilly and sickening voice that I despise. I could see Tanya snicker beside her and it just broke my heart. Alanna poked my shoulder hard.
"No, you move it. . . Rat." I aid, unfazed. I looked at Tanya, No. I glared at her face, "And you!" I pointed to Tanya, "You traitor!" I screamed. My tears starting to form in my eyes. I blinked all those tears away and started walked to the chemistry lab. A hand touched my shoulder. I faced the brave idiot who wanted to die. I punched the person in the gut. I heard gasps but I brushed it away and went back to walking to the chemistry lab.

•~•~•

After three hours of starving. It was finally time for lunch. I went out and blended with the crowd, which wasn't a hassle for me. I split up from the crowd to the corridor where the library was located. During every lunch break, the whole band splits up from their normal groups and meets up in the Library and eats there.