Chapter:5

*Carlys POV*

A yawn escaped my lips as my heavy eyes slowly fluttered open. A small smile made its way onto my face when I realized that I was free, free from my abusive mate. Free to live my life without constantly worrying about getting hit.

But that very smile was instantly whipped off when I realized that my child was no where in sight. I shot up out of the bed like a bullet and frantically looked around the room but I soon realized that Aiden wasn't in it.

My heart started to pound nervously and I could hear my wolfs growls in my head, we are very protective of our pup and he's currently missing.

"Aiden?"I called out, hoping to get a reply, but was only greeted with silence. A shaky breath escaped me as I rushed to the door, threw it open and ran out. Keeping my eyes peeled for my small son I ran down the hallway, calling out his name.

"Aiden!" I called loudly. My eyes scanned up and down the hall way but I didn't see him or anybody else for that matter. What if Mason found us? What if he took Aiden from me?

That last thought was the one that brought tears to my eyes.

"Aiden!" I called out even louder hoping to get a response. I stopped after a few more seconds of running because I was out of breath and as I leaned up against a wall, tears rushing down my cheeks, I heard a beautiful sound. I heard my child's laughter.

I sucked in a breath and speedily pushed off of the wall, racing towards the noise. A few seconds later I burst into a room, the living room, to see seven people all staring at me wide eyed, including my son.

"Aiden!" I cried as I rushed towards him, scooping him into my arms and holding him tightly to my chest. I shook as I held his small body to mine and with clamy hands I stroked his soft hair.

"Mommy?" Aiden was frowning up at me when I finally pulled away from him, giving me a questioning look. "Whys crying?" He questioned. I let out a small laugh and whipped away my drying tears.

"I was worried about you baby, I couldn't find you." I answered honestly as I kissed his cheek. He smiled up at me and patted my arm with his small hand.

"I's right here." Aiden stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. I chuckled loudly before wrapping my arms around his body and lifting him with me as I stood.

"I can see that." Came my answer as I placed him on my hip. I had been so focused on Aiden that I hadn't noticed the other people in the room, all of which were currently staring at me. I felt a light blush form on my cheeks before I cleared my throat scanning my eyes over the people.

Xavier stood a few feet away from me looking worried while Collin, Seth and Noah stood next to him. Behind the boys, on the sofa, I saw Gracie sitting next to an unfamiliar blonde girl who looked suspiciously similar to Noah.

"Im very sorry Carly. I came to your room this morning to see if you were awake but instead found this little guy. I honestly didn't mean to worry you." Xavier spoke out, sounding sincere. I smiled at him before waving my hand.

"Its fine, Im just not used to him being gone when I wake up." I answered with a smile. Xavier smiled back at me before stepping to the side slightly.

"I dont know if you remember or not but this is Collin, my beta, Noah, my third in command, and Seth, my close friend." He said, pointing at each of the boys. He then turned towards the two females on the sofa.

"That's my little sister Gracie and Noahs younger sister Faith." Xavier added as he again pointed to the girls. I didn't get the chance to reply because somebody was suddenly throwing themselves at me.