Chapter: 18

Carly

The steamy cup of coffee burned my hands but I didn't mind as I lifted it to my lips and sipped. My legs crossed at the ankles while my hair fell around my shoulders. The hot liquid scolded my throat as it went down but I had grown used to the feeling. 

 In the weeks that Aiden has been gone I have taught myself to run on little to no sleep, coffee being my drug. Mason has been 'kind' enough to let me speak to Aiden over the phone once every week but that isn't enough to satisfy my want for him. 

Mason and I get into a very verbal fight about the situation every time we speak to each other, ending in him hanging up and me crying. My inability to do anything but worry about Aiden has really put a strain on my school and last time I checked I was failing in all of my classes.

That was the least of my worries though.

I sighed and placed my cup onto the counter. Pushing myself away from the island I jumped off of the tall stool and headed up stairs. I figured a shower would be nice seeing as its been three days since my last one. 

The hot water turned my skin a nice shade of pink while the white sud bubbles slid down my body. I rested my for head against the shower wall and let the tears slip away with the now cool water. My throat tightened painfully as I tried to hold in my cries. 

Being away from Aiden was slowly killing me, and my wolf, everyday. A mothers love for her child beats all, even the love of mates, in my own personal opinion, but then again I haven't had the most positive memories of a mates love. 

I shook away the thoughts before climbing out of the shower and drying myself with a large, black towel. I dressed in a simple pair of shorts and a light green, large, v - neck. After running a brush through my hair, and over my teeth, I left the bathroom. 

A quiet knock on my bedroom door made me jump and put a hand to my heart. 

"Who is it?" I asked, trying not to sound so much like a zombie. 

"Its me." A deep voice answered. A smile came to my face and I hastily opened the door, throwing my arms around my favorite person. 

Xavier chuckled and wrapped his strong arms around my waist, squeezing me slightly. 

"Whats up?" I asked happily as I pulled away to look at him. 

The only time that I am ever happy anymore is when Im talking on the phone with my baby or when Xavier is by my side. Its like hes a giant magnet that simply sucks away some of my depression, throwing it out. 

"Do you wanna go on a run?" Xavier questioned. My eyes lit up and I nodded my head. It has been months since I let my wolf out. 

Xavier and I made our way downstairs and out the back door, right into the woods. I walked to a tree a little ways away and stripped out of my clothes. I sighed as I felt the familiar feeling of my bones shifting and cracking to take a new form. 

My senses were immediately heightened and I didn't waist any time in sprinting towards where I smelt Xavier. I barked happily when Xaviers large, dark brown, wolf body came into view. I ran right up to the big Alpha wolf and launched myself onto his back, lightly biting his ear. 

Xavier growled playfully before shaking me off of him, then turning to jump on me. I wiggled out from underneath him and took off, darting in between trees. My tongue rolled out and hung to the side but I didn't care at the moment because for the first time in the weeks that Aiden has been gone I felt something other than sadness. 

..

Mason 

"You need to take that little boy back to his mother right now." My father bellowed at me for the hundredth time. I rolled my eyes before scooping Aiden up off of the ground and walking into the living room, setting him in front of the TV and turning it on.

"Don't try to go about telling me what to do." I snapped back. My father growled and grabbed my arm in a tight grip, spinning me around so that I was facing him. I snarled at him and ripped my arm out of his grip.

"Don't you touch me!" I yelled. He wasn't bothered.

"What you did was wrong and you know it. Aiden needs to be with his mother." Dad spit at me. My anger was continuously rising. 

"I did wrong? She stole my baby from me in the middle of the night!" My voice was booming. I heard Aiden whimper from the living room but I ignored him. 

"She left because you were beating her, something a mate should never do. You are a terrible mate, a terrible father and a terrible alpha." My father said with so casually that it made my blood boil even more then the triple insult. 

I couldn't control myself as my bones snapped and formed me into my wolf in about three seconds. I lunged at my father and tackled him to the ground, snapping my large jaw in his face. Dad growled before bursting into his own wolf right beneath me, kicking me in the stomach to send me flying. 

I snarled and ran right back at him, head butting him in the chest which caused him to skid back a few feet. Dad lunged at me, successfully biting me in the kill zone. I momentarily froze before low growls began to vibrate through my body. 

"Daddy!" A small voice cried out. I turned my head in the direction of the sound, the best I could, to see Aiden standing in the doorway of the kitchen. He was clutching a small blanket to his chest tightly, while his big baby eyes filled with tears. 

My dad grunted before releasing me, he growled in my direction one last time before trotting away, up the stairs. I retrieved a pair of basketball shorts from the laundry room and let my body shift back. I pulled the shorts on before walking towards Aiden, intending to pick him up, when he cowered away from me, beginning to cry. 

I frowned and tried to get him to come to me.

"Aiden come here, its alright." I spoke to him gently, reaching my arms out for him. Aiden furiously shook his head, backing away from me further. I clenched my jaw. 

"I want mommy!" Aiden wailed, his bottom lip trembling. I looked away from my frightened son, glaring at the white wall before punching a hole in it out of rage. 

This didn't help with AIdens crying in the least bit. I growled in frustration. I took large steps towards AIden and scooped him up, not caring that he was struggling to get away from me. 

"You are my son and if you want to be with your mom then she can come here." I knew that Aiden wasn't exactly understanding what I was saying but it was the truth. Aiden is the future of his pack and this is where he belongs, not with my very difficult mate in some far away pack. 

Aidens crying was slowing down and he began to hiccup as he rested his small head on my shoulder. I knew that Aiden would never be happy here without Carly and that made me angry, angry that he couldn't be happy with just me. 

I sighed and ran a hand through my messy hair, feeling the tension grow in my shoulders. My feet took me towards the living room before I sank into the couch, letting my head drop onto the rest. I stared down at AIdens sleeping face and felt my own soften. 

Well, it seems as if it is time for Carly to come home. 

....................................................................................................................................................................................

Hey guys! So sorry that it took me so long to update but here it is. Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading! 

- Katelynn (: