Chapter:15

Carly

When my alarm awoke me from my peaceful sleep on Monday morning I couldn't have been more unhappy. I groaned as I slammed my hand down onto the device, effectively shutting it up. I lazily dragged myself out of bed and made my way towards the bathroom, not even bothering to pick up the blanket that had fallen off the bed.

After a quick five minute shower that helped to wake me up I got dressed in a pair of jeans and a cute top before grabbing my bag and leaving the room. I gently opened the door to Aidens bedroom and stepped in, happy to see my son still sleeping.

I still had about ten minutes before I needed to leave for school so I simply rested my elbows on the edge of the crib, peering down at my beautiful baby as I did so. Aidens light colored hair was messy across his forehead and his long eyelashes brushed his cheeks.

I smiled when I saw that he was clutching his baby blanket in his left hand tightly, holding it to him. Watching Aiden sleep is one of my favourite pastimes and has been since he was a newborn.

My head snapped up when I heard the door squeak open. I watched curiously as Gracie slowly stuck her head into the room, her eyes meeting mine.

"Hey." I greeted quietly, mentioning for her to come in. Gracie have me a small smile before tip toeing her way over to me. I watched as she looked down into Aidens crib, glancing him over with tender eyes.

"When do you and Collin plan to have kids?" I questioned randomly. I watched the surprise flicker across Gracies face as her eyes met my own.

"Honesty, I don't know. We don't talk about stuff like that, about the future." She muttered as she picked at her nails. I frowned on confusion.

"Why not?" I asked in genuine concern. Gracie shrugged her shoulders in response. I could tell that the subject made her upset so I dropped it and simply pulled her in for a hug.

I smiled when she wrapped her arms around my waist, squeezing me tightly.

"So, are you ready to go to school?" Gracie questioned after she pulled away and cleared her throat.

I sighed before nodding my head, leading Gracie out of Aidens bedroom. We walked down the stairs, arm to arm, and took our bags off of the rack. Xavier had told me that he wasnt going to be going to school today, due to pack business, so I was riding to school with Gracie today. 

After taking the short five minute drive to school Gracie and I walked to the school together, finding our other friends on the front steps of the school. Faith was talking to Seth while Noah and Collin were laughing about something or another. 

"Hey guys." I greeted them as we approached them. All four of them answered in one way or another and Gracie and I quickly joined the conversation. Though we all easily fell into conversation with one another it was easy to tell that it was different without Xavier present. 

About ten minutes later the first bell rang and we all went seperate ways, heading to class. I hadnt managed to make any new friends since I had started school so I was basically alone in the classes that I didn't have with my friends.

I took a seat in my first period class and awkwardly twirled my pencil around as I waited for the bell to ring. I watched as the classroom began to quickly fill up and right as the bell rang I saw a new face walk through the door.

The guy was tall and though he was good looking he had a strange aura. I couldn't quite put a finger on it until I smelt his scent, rogue. I immediately stiffened before quickly opening a mind link with Xavier.

Xavier

I called out nervously. It took all of two seconds for him to reply.

What is it Carly? Is something wrong?