Chapter:11

*Carly's POV*

The rest of the school week flew by smoothly and when Friday finally rolled around I couldn't have been more happy. Everybody had calmed down over the week and I hardly received any more questions but I still got an occasional glance or two as I walked down the hallways. I'm almost positive that Xavier had lived up to his word and said something to the pack members and that is why they have been leaving me alone.

Xavier is still, like always, very protective over me and he refuses to let me walk to my classes alone. Though he had said something to all of them it is clear that many of the teenage pack members still think that we are together. no matter how many times I tell them differently.

Aiden has been adjusting well to me being at school and though he misses me when I'm gone he isn't crying for me like he was at the beginning of the week. Melinda has been doing things and taking him places to keep his mind off of it and I couldn't be more grateful to her.

School had just ended and Xavier and I were heading towards his car. Today isn't just any other day though, today Aiden and I are going to officially be joining the Dark Moon pack. Xavier had only told me yesterday and I may or may not have freaked out a little bit. By joining the Dark Moon pack I will be permanently cutting all of mine and Aiden's ties to the Blood Bound pack.

I am also aware of the fact that Mason is going to feel it when we cut the tie. Mason is the alpha of the pack which means that every member of his pack is bound to him, meaning that he will feel it if somebody was to go rogue or to join another pack. And seeing as I am his mate and Aiden is his son Mason is going to not only feel it but he is going to be in pain when it happens.

At first I was worried that joining the pack would help Mason in finding us but then I realized that there is hundreds of packs in the world and for all he knows I could be in China. It would take him years to visit every pack that exists and even then he still might not find us.

"You alright?" Xavier's voice broke through the walls of my mind, drawing my attention to him. He was staring at me with a thoughtful look upon his face and I gave him a small smile when I saw the worry in his beautiful blue eyes. Xavier flashed me a smile back before returning his eyes to the road.

We arrived back at the pack house shortly after and I was pleased to see Melinda and Aiden waiting for us on the front porch. I stepped out of the car and walked to the porch, scooping Aiden up in my arms when he was within reach, just like I do every day.

"Hi little one." I spoke to Aiden. My son flashed me his tiny baby teeth and balled some of my shirt in his hand.

"Hi mommy. How school?" Aiden asked me just like he did every day. We had developed a routine over the last week. When I arrive home from school Aiden and Melinda are waiting for Xavier and I on the front porch. I then pick Aiden up and greet him and in return Aiden asks me how my day was. Its always nice to have something constant like that.

"My day was good baby, how was yours? What did you and Melinda do?" I asked the toddler. So for five minutes after that Aiden proceeded to tell me all about his day. He told me how Melinda had taken him to the park and bought him ice cream, and how they had gone shopping together. One of my most favorite things to do is to listen to Aiden talk. Xavier walked up to us right after Aiden had finished speaking.

"Hey, the ceremony is going to be held at five so be ready by then." Xavier ordered. I nodded my head and smiled at him before he walked away. I checked the time on my phone and saw that it was currently four on the dot.

I adjusted Aiden on my hip before climbing the stairs up to our bedroom. As I walked into the plain room I reminded myself once again that I really needed to go to the store and purchase some furniture and other things to make the room my own. I had unpacked all of mine and Aidens things a week or so ago so I dug around in the dresser and pulled out the clothes that we would be wearing to the cerimony.