Chapter: 22

Carly

My lungs burned as I pushed my legs to go faster, though they felt like they were going to give out on me at any given minute. My breathing was labored and my wolf strength seemed to be doing me no good at the moment. 

I had fallen towards the back of the group but I was slowly catching up, determined to do better then I had yesterday. With one last burst of energy I ran forward, pushing myself to the max, before collapsing on the back lawn in one sweaty heap. 

For the last two weeks I had been training heavily, building up muscle, stamina, and agility. It had been rather difficult to convince Xavier to let me train with the rest of the pack but after multiple arguments about the subject and one or two guilt trips,  I had managed to succeed. 

I had decided on the day that we had the meeting with Collin and the others that I wanted to be trained to fight so that I could help to protect my pack. Training sessions were already being held daily, preparing for the upcoming battle, so all that I had to do was join them. 

At first the training had been to difficult for me but after some serious endurance training it has been slowly getting better. With a little extra help from one of the pack trainers I had been getting caught up with the other fighters. 

With a heavy sigh I pushed myself up from the grass, my arms wobbling as I did so, before walking into the pack house. 

Gracie and Faith were both sitting in the kitchen when I entered, snacking on some fruit. Their conversation stopped when I came in and they stared at me. I frowned and shifted awkwardly from foot to foot. 

I hadn't really had a chance to speak with Gracie because of all that has happened lately so I have no idea how she feels about me being a mate to Xavier. 

Suddenly a body crashed into mine, surprising me, and wrapping their arms around me. I stared at Gracie in surprise for a moment before slowly wrapping my arms around her. Gracie squealed and practically squoze the life out of me. 

"I'm so happy for you!" Gracie said, pulling away from me and flashing me a large smile. I couldn't help but to giggle and smile back at her. 

"Thank you." I spoke softly, happy that she was okay with the whole situation. I had thought that Gracie might be angry with me and it was a relief to find out that she wasn't. 

"You make my brother happy, something I hadn't seen for a very long time, so really, I thank you." Gracie said,  her voice gentle. A small, happy, smile tugged at the corners of my lips as I pulled Gracie in for another hug. 

She chuckled and hugged me back for a moment before pushing me away and wrinkling her nose.

"Now go take a shower Luna, you stink." Gracie teased, gently pushing me towards the stairs. I chuckled as I shook my head, climbing the stairs quickly. My feet carried me towards my bedroom and once inside I grabbed some clean clothes and went to the bathroom. 

Steam filled the air as the water began to heat up, fogging the mirror, as I undressed. The hot water made my skin tingle as I stepped inside and there was nothing better than feeling all of the sweat and grime wash off of me. 

I sighed happily as I washed my hair and body, drying off when I was finished. I quickly dressed in a pair of shorts and a t - shirt before leaving the room. 

I walked to my bed slowly, my body crying for sleep, when a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me back into them. I smiled as pleasurable tingles were felt all over my body. 

I leaned back into Xaviers chest, grabbing his arm as I did so. Shivers ran down my spine as Xavier gently moved my wet hair away from my neck before placing gentle, butterfly kisses up and down the skin of my neck.