Cursed Saint

Okay, first off, before the story starts, this is just something to make you excited for the upcoming chapters. These are uploaded from Tonfa (narutofic.org). If you're interested in Naruto fanfiction, you should really check it out.

Everyone has a past....

He stumbled back, trying to escape the person he loved. This wasn't how it was supposed to be. When someone loved you, they were supposed to care for you. Yet, in that moment, the person who was supposed to care for him was trying to hurt him.

"Come on, Ryu. You're leaving."

With that, his brother grasped his arm, yanking him to his feet to take him away.

Everyone has a secret....

"Why won't you tell me?"

"Because it doesn't matter," Ryu replied calmly, though at the moment he wanted to snap at her.

The Komichi cocked her head to the side, staring at the boy. "It's just a simple ring. What could be so secretive about it?"

Ryu almost laughed. Nobody knew just how many secrets it held, or what it was his ring hid.

How long can you run from them....

Ryu's eyes slid to Ino, sitting perfectly still, her eyes flickering between him and Raido, her pale jade eyes confused. He couldn't blame her. All she could do was pick up small pieces of what they were talking about. Nobody would understand what Raido meant when he asked Ryu if he wanted to know who it really was.

His eyes dropped, fear making him not want to speak. How could he tell Ino his secret? He'd been running from it, from what was inside him, for years now. He had seen how Sakura reacted. Would she fear him just the same?

Before it starts to catch up?....

"Ryu!" Asuma exclaimed, trying to catch the boy as he flew back.

A scream pierced through Ryu's lips as he slammed into the tree. Before he even had the chance to slide down, the robed man was before him, holding him up by his throat. He struggled, but it was in vain, the man's grip unrelenting. "Let me go!"

The man laughed. He tilted his head back, the hood no longer hiding his face. "Hello, Ryu."

"You," Ryu whispered, freezing. 

No. This couldn't be happening. It couldn't be true. It had been four years, and there was no way that he could find out where he was. 

Yet he was staring into the killer's eyes.