Chapter 16: Good Morning, Beautiful

I woke up the next day to see my legs tangled with Alex's and only the bed sheets to cover us.

"Good morning." I heard Alex's raspy voice say, which was now raspier because she just woke up.

"Good morning, beautiful." I smiled lightly.

"Yesterday was.." She sighed. "Amazing."

"Yeah it really was." I grinned.

"We need to get up, we have school." Alex said as she got up from the bed with nothing to cover her. "I'll be in the shower. Come join me if you want." She smirked.

I smirked and got up quickly, walking up behind Alex and starting to kiss her neck.

She tilted her head back as I continued to kiss her neck.

"Let's go." I murmured against her skin and we walked to the bathroom.

--------------------------------------------

"Hey Tobs." Alex said as she came up to me at lunch.

"Hey." I replied a bit too coldly than I intended.

She gave me a questioning look but I guess she decided not to mention my attitude and proceeded by sitting next to me. She placed her hand around my waist, a thing she did whenever we sat together when we were still a couple.

"What are you doing?" I asked slowly, mouth filled with a bite of my sandwich.

"What do you mean?"

I quickly swallowed my food and opened my mouth to talk.

"We're not back together." I said quietly after looking around the cafeteria.

"Oh. I'm sorry." She said as tears welled up in her eyes.

"No don't cry. I'm sorry I just... I need to trust you again. I just.. I need-"

"Time. Yeah I get it." She cut me off. "I realize my mistake and I understand you need time so I'm here for you whenever you need me." She said and walked away.

--------------------------------------------

"Hey Alex, you wanna hang out today?" I asked Alex after school.

She beamed and nodded. "I'd love to."

"Cool, so we'll go now?" I asked.

"Sure."

"Alright. Let's take my bike."

She nodded and we made our way to the parking lot.

We arrived at my house and went to my room.

"So what do you wanna do?" I asked.

"I kinda wanna watch a movie and just chill. Maybe order a pizza or something."

"Ok so I'll call the pizza place and you'll pick out the movie, cool?" I asked.

"Cool."

I called and ordered our pizza and then walked back to Alex seeing she picked 'Imagine Me & You'.