Chapter 17: Best Friends

It's been a few days since Alex and I got back together and it's been really good so far. We're planning to tell our families and then our teammates and hopefully the school.

"Hey Tobs!" Alex said when she came to sit next to me at lunch.

"Hey bab- uh Alex! Hey Alex." I tried to cover up for my mistake as Alex's eyes widened but the whole table which was Ashlyn, Kelley, JJ, Hope already looked at us with questioning looks.

"Uhh why did you just call her babe?" JJ asked.

"I knew it! You guys are together!" Christen exclaimed.

"About damn time." Hope chuckled.

"Relax." I looked at Alex, silently asking her if I can tell them and she nodded her head. "Ok, umm.. Me and Alex are.. A couple." I finally said.

"What the fuck?!" Kelley yelled.

"What?"

"And you didn't tell me? Seriously dude? I thought we were best friends."
Kelley said and stormed out.

I quickly ran after her, grabbing her wrist and turning her around.

"Kelley I'm sorry ok? We just didn't want to tell anyone yet... We weren't ready." I said.

"We're best friends Tobs. We tell each other everything, don't we?" She said with tears in her eyes.

"Of course Kell I just didn't know how to tell you." I said sincerely.

"Whatever I need to relax." She said and walked off.

I felt really bad for not telling Kelley. I mean, she's my best friend and like she said, we tell each other everything. But she needs to understand that I just wasn't ready.

"Tobin?" I heard someone from behind me and turned around to see Alex. "Is everything ok?" She asked.

"Not really. Kelley is really pissed at me for not telling her about us." I explained.

"Did you tell her that you weren't ready?"

"Yes but it doesn't matter. You know what? I don't care if she's mad at me." I said, beginning to feel angry. "She said we're supposed to be best friends, well best friends understand each other and don't judge. And it's not like I told everyone except her."

All Alex could do was hug me and listen to me rant about the issue and I thank her.

"Come on, let's ditch the rest of the day and go home." Alex said and pulled me towards the parking lot.

We got to Alex's house in a few minutes and went to her room.

"Do you want to do something fun or just cuddle and watch movies?" Alex asked.

"The second option please." I said quietly and Alex hugged me tightly. "You're the best girlfriend ever." I said and hugged Alex just as tightly.

"I know, I'm just great. Now go pick out movies while I go get us some snacks." Alex grinned and pecked my lips before going to the kitchen.

I picked out a few movies and saw coming in to the room with hands full of snacks and a tub of ice cream. I quickly got up from my crouching position and helped her carry all of the snacks to the small table in the corner of her room.

"I love you. I'm so glad I have you and that I can call you mine." I said and gave Alex a passionate kiss.

"I love you too Toby, and you're right, you are lucky." She smiled and kissed me again.

"Well maybe I can get even more lucky." I smirked and nibbled on Alex's ear.

She held back a moan before speaking. "As much as I want to, my parents are gonna be here in less than an hour."

"All I need is 20." I smirked and kissed her hard.

She giggled as she pulled back.

"No! What if they walk in on us?"

"Fineee." I groaned and plopped on her bed.

"How are we going to tell the whole school about us if just to our friends it was really hard?" Alex asked.

"I might have an idea." I smiled.

Word count: 667

Song for this chapter: Twenty Øne Piløts - Migraine

A/N: Heyyyy sorry for not updating, I had writer's block and school just started after a holiday break soo... Yeah. Also I published a Talex one shot book! Check it out if you want.

Peace! ✌️

~KarmyArmy