First Sightings

I swung my legs from the side of the desk at the back of the room as my "fellow classmates" strolled into homeroom. A group of girls began squealing about some tv series and a group of guys were shoving each other around. Many of the students were talking about how their break was and were comparing classes. Questions like " how was your break?" And "where did you go" were repeated across the room.

Envy began to build within me. There was no point in trying to join a conversation- it would probably make me feel worse and slightly ridiculous. It was one of the many downfalls of being a ghost- not being able to have a conversation with anyone probably tied second worse to the constant feeling of being cold.

For the hundredth time I had to remind myself why I was here, in this school, in this class, pretending to be normal, as if I was alive. I had this ridiculous idea that maybe- just maybe - I could remember who I was. I would stop feeling so empty and stop questioning if I was real or not. I would know that I existed once, that I had a life with parents and siblings who loved me and I went to school and got good grades and had friends.

I continued to swing my legs and hum loudly to myself, distracting my thoughts before I let myself fall back into a pit of sadness. Even as the teacher came into the class room and everyone moved to sit in their seats, I continued with a volume that would tick off any anyone after a prolonged period of time. Imagining what the reaction of the class would be made me laugh out loud- the teacher's face would probably be red and the students would look at me as if I was crazy.

The teacher began to call out names and I was introduced to each student in (what I like to think would be) my homeroom class. I could help but think about another benefit from my situation-no one would be upset if I forgot their name.

"Sorry Sir," a voice interrupted my thoughts
Another voice grunted in agreement.
"Well, don't be late again. I don't appreciate tardiness,"  Mr Ferguson huffed, "there are three spare seats at the back, make you choice."

I looked up to the two boys who had entered the class while I was thinking to myself. Not boys- they looked at least 2 or 3 years older than me. One of them had a tan and dark hair with a strong build and looked as if he could break a brick wall down with his bare hands. The other looked like a model, with long blond hair and a cheeky smile that would make hearts to flutter. I was staring, I knew it, but who cares? Nobody would notice.

However, as they turned to look at the back of the room, it was as if they met my eyes met with theirs. But that couldn't be right. I must have imagined it.

But one work from the dark haired one made me freeze completely.

"Three spare seats?"

Why did he say it like that? He said it in a voice as if he was questioning the teacher's sanity. As if there was obviously only two seats left.

Mr Ferguson must have heard the tone of voice as well, as he became more annoyed. "Yes," he said curtly. "Three seats, at the back. Do you require glasses? Hurry up, you're holding up the class."

I held my breath, sitting still as the two boys made their way to the back of the room- their eyes burning holes into my skin.

This is a dream, I thought to myself, they can't see me. No one has been able to see me in weeks. Why would two random, handsome looking boys be able to see-

"Hello," the blond one greeted. He sat in the chair next to mine and turned his whole body to face me. "I'm Luke and this grump is my brother, North. Why are you sitting on the table?"

My heart thundered in my chest. "Y-you can see me?" my voice squeaked embarrassingly.

Their gazes became a mixture of curiosity and confusion. "Of course we can see you! You're sitting right in front of us."

Ok, this is really really really weird.

A girl who sat in front of the dark haired one- North- turned towards them, giggled  and batted her eye lashes. "Were you talking to me?"

"Uh, no," North replied and motioned to me, "we were talking to her."

The girl gave him a weird look, processing what he had said and then let out a few high pitched giggles. "Oh, I get it, you're funny! So any way, I could show you guys around if you'd like. And maybe we could meet up later and -"

I felt myself shake. This couldn't be happening. I had been alone for so long - trying to talk to people, trying to make sense of everything by myself- and now, out of no where, two guys can see me?

The bell rang and without so much of a second glance, I raced out of the room. From outside of the classroom, I heard the violent pulling of chairs and the sound of two people running out of the class. I had an idea about who they were.

I was scared out of my mind. It was all too much. These guys could see me. How could they see me? They couldn't be what I was, they could talk to others fine. It shouldn't be possible!

Walking through people always gave me the creeps, but I had to get away. I could hear their shouts for people to move and their thumping foot steps coming closer and closer. I had no choice but to run through the bodies of people in the fast filling halls. I didn't want to face them yet.

After getting a good distance away from them,  I bolted through a wall of a room that had a door was slightly open. Taking deep breaths, I willed myself to calm down. There was no way they could have seen me enter this room.

After my heart began to beat at its regular pace, I surveyed my surroundings.

It didn't take long for my heart to drop.

Behind a desk, there was a young man who was staring straight at me, with an expression of absolute disbelief

xXxXx

I hope you enjoyed this short first chapter of the fanfic.. Please tell me what you think!

Forewarning, I'm not from America, so I will get things wrong. I am also a terrible updater with stories. So hopefully, if you're interested, you could stick around :)