With Kindness

It took a few deep breath exercises with Kota before I realised how much I freaked out. It took a the whole long car drive back to Nathan's place to even begin to meet the eyes of the boys and accept their assurances that it was understandable for me to freak out and loose myself a bit from why had happened. But the guilt and the worry remained as we carried the shopping to the front door.

Before any of us could knock the door swung open to reveal the welcoming grin of Dr Sean, who took me by surprise. I was sure he had told us he would be late to the party he other day.

"Pookie!! It's so wonderful to see your beautiful face after a long day of work. Literally re-energising. I don't know what sort of magic you're working on me, but please continue, sugar plum".

A startled laughed left my lips, not expecting the onslaught of silliness from the doctor. Dr Sean smiled brightly - despite the bags under his eyes - as, with one hand, took the shopping bags from me and with the other,  grasped my wrist with the tips of his fingers, gently pulling me inside.

"Ahem...doc? Where is our greeting?"

Dr Sean turned towards the door, facing the expecting faced of Nathan, Kota and Gabriel. His face went blank. "Hi," he  greeted blandly with a blank face before turning to me with a huge grin. "Let's go, Pookie!"

Ignoring huffing and comments about favouritism, Dr Sean continued to pull me further into Nathan's house towards the loud chatter. "Ok boys, go help bring in shopping in and leave Sang alone with me for...hmm...". A look filled with consideration crossed his face as he examined my own expression. "Is forever long enough for you, Pookie? I feel like it should be longer..."

Rolling his eyes so hard I was sure he would get a headache, North nudged Dr Sean to the side, taking the shopping bags from him, before smiling at me softly, causing me to melt. "Don't you dare keep her forever, Doc. You'll have to fight us all first," grinned Luke as he followed behind his brother. He nudged my hip with his and handed me a bottle of cool water, "We'll be in the kitchen."

It was then, as the door closed behind Luke, did I notice Mr Blackbourne  sitting on the couch by a steaming up of coffee and an ipad in his hand. Nerves rippled through me as he turned it off and placed it softly on the table.

"Good afternoon, Miss Sang," he greeted.

"Hello Mr Blackbourne," I replied, refusing to give into the temptation of fighting nervously under his imploring gaze.

With a gentle hand upon the base of my back, Dr Sean lead me towards the couch to sit. "You seem to have had an eventful outing today," Mr Blackbourne continued. My eyes  dropped to the floor and I tensed. They had heard about it.

"Now, now, slowdown Owen, I need to check if my favourite patient has any injuries or is feeling sick. Sang?"

I silently shook my head, although I was beginning to feel ill as my head ran through the events of the day. I could feel my hand begin to tremble and my heart lurched painfully in my chest. 

"Miss Sang." Mr Blackbourne's firm voice called my attention back to him instantly, "You have no obligation to tell us anything. But please be aware that we are always here to listen and to assist you in any way we can. We will always be here. Whatever you say here, you will not have to repeat again to anyone unless you want to. I swear this to you."

I could only nod silently as the emotion I felt would surely cause me to cry the moment I'd open my mouth to thank him - to thank all of them. It was difficult to remember that I wasn't alone anymore. But moments like this where I am reminded that I am surrounded by people who want to listen and help was everything to me.