Realities

After finishing up with the apple pie and a little more time spent talking about what he was doing at the school and the people I would meet - I had found out that Victor had been playing the piano for years, Nathan was great at martial arts and Silas was from Greece - something caught Dr Sean's eyes.

"What's that around your neck?"

Lifting a hand to my neck, feeling a short thin cord wrapped around it, I shrugged. "I'm not sure... I've always just had it, along with these clothes," I gestured to the light blue shorts and cream blouse I wore. "I guess I must have died wearing them." Honestly it was something I hadn't really paid attention too either. After all this time, my clothing and my necklace were the last things I thought about.

Dr Sean hummed in curiosity. "Perhaps... None the less, it is a clue to the mystery of Miss Sang."

I smiled, "Perhaps."

The bell rang, drawing Sean's analysing gaze from my neck and clothes to the clock on the wall. "And our time together draws to a close," he sighs sadly. "When will the next time we meet again be? Who is to say? Fate? Destiny?"

I chuckled, "I'm sure I can stop by to your Japanese class today."

"Then I will await your presence," he teased with a grin.

Moments later as people began to arrive, North, followed by a really, really tall guy who looked like some sort of Greek Demi God who could smite anyone who crosses him with a single look. His deep brown eyes met with mine and I was soaking in its warmth.

"That's her? You didn't warn me at all, brother," I heard him say with a particular accent as they came closer.

North smirked, "I just wanted to see your face."

Suddenly self conscious, I raked a hand through my hair. They must have been talking about me...

"And now I leave Pookie in your capable presence," Dr Sean announced, again magically drawing me from my thoughts. He quickly taking my hand and squeezed it, "thank you for spending lunch with me Miss Sang."

I laughed as North questioned the unusual nickname and said my own goodbyes to Dr Sean. Dr Sean had definitely made me feel more comfortable about everything - the boys, the fact they could see me, touch me. He left me feeling more confident about where I stood.

I smiled up at North who grinned back.

"Sang, this is Silas," he introduced, pointing at the huge guy beside him.

Silas, who's unrelenting gaze never dropped from my eyes, reached for my hand, encasing it with a tingling warmth and then kissed the back of my hand. Cue swooning.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Aggele."

I nodded quickly first, struggling to formulate a response without a risk of spluttering and combusting. "It's very nice to meet you, too," I replied finally, looking anywhere but at the two boys.

The both chuckled softly. North explained that they were all sitting outside since there were limited tables indoors. As we began to walk, he took my hand and gave me the softest smile I've seen all day from him.

"I'm glad you're still here with us."

I'm glad you didn't run away.