The Next Steps

After eating a delicious breakfast of bacon and eggs with orange juice, Kota explained that we would be doing some shopping today. Gabriel had been nagging everyone about how it was important for me to wear clothes that were mine and mine alone, rather than wearing Kota's  "old rags" (even though the shirt I wore yesterday had been bought the week before by Gabriel himself).

After the clothes shopping we would be doing, we needed to get supplies for the sleep over. Apparently this was no normal sleepover for the group. Nathan had described it as "Sang's Offical Sleep Over Initiation Party." Kota assured me it would not involve any form of ceremony that would send me to a new universe of embarrassment. And although I knew I could trust his word, knowing the boys, they probably had something planned.

"Kota! Gabriel is here!" Mrs Lee announced from downstairs, followed by the sounds of rapidly stomping feet. The door swung open to reveal a red faced Gabriel with eyes filled with disbelief.

"You call this getting ready?" Gabe asked motioning to my hair.

"Good morning, Gabe," Kota sighed, picking up  our plates and moving them to his desk to take down later. "I thought Victor was coming up with you. Where is he?" He asked. Victor was coming too?

"He's meeting up with us at Nathan's place. They're working out something," he answered. "They'll probably have plenty of time with how long you guys take to get ready." He encouraged me to sit on the floor while he sat on the bed and began to detangle my sleep hair with I brush I did not see him carrying. "Honestly Trouble, your mornings would be much more productive if you stayed with me."

I glanced at Kota, who seemed to be ignoring what Gabe was saying. But he did send Gabe a look I couldn't decipher. Gabe, however understood it and shifted the conversation smoothly to what shops we were going to first whilist setting up my clothes and hasseling me into the bathroom. We needed every day clothes, pyjamas, swim wear, overnight bags and other personal items. Gabriel made enough room in his plan to include a stop in the stationary shop to expand my school gear that Mr Blackbourne generously started the other day with a few workbooks and pens.

His detailed timetable continued as he combed out my hair and carefully added a cute clip onto the side. Kota had disappeared, but I had only noticed when I heard the door closing and Kota's familiar chuckle. My eyes had closed without me realising it - Gabriel had been sending me to sleep again. I raised my head slightly, hoping he didn't know I was almost about to fall asleep.

"Trouble, if you weren't so fucking cute all the time..." he sighed. I glanced a Kota, who gave me a little grin and a wink. Nothing gets past Meanie.

It was a few minutes later and Gabriel was shuffling us out of Kota's house and towards Nathan's to meet with Nathan and Victor. Nathan was seated at his kitchen table eating a bowl of cereal while Victor was finishing up a call he was having by the fridge- his eyes burning with warmth and possibly a little bit of frustration. They smiled as they greeted me and Nathan motioned for me to have a seat next to him.

"You ready for this, Peanut?"

Knowing exactly why he asked that question, I looked at him nervously, tugging upon the necklace that hung upon my neck.

Kota pressed his warm reassuring hand against my back. "If you're not sure about this, we can find another way."

I shook my head. No, we had agreed that it wouldn't be right for me to go clothes shopping with the guys as a ghost. Gabriel needed to be sure of the right sized of things. I refuse to let my own fears and worries hold any of these boys back - I've caused enough trouble...

Victor stood behind me and brushed my hair away from my neck, his fingers sliding across my skin comfortingly. He paused momentarily, offering me a chance to take a shaky breath and then his fingers undid the clasp.

The reaction was, thankfully, less severe. Perhaps it was because I expected the churning of my stomach, the spinning of the room and the flash of light. Hands held my shoulder to keep me from slipping off the chair as I attempted to calm my rapid breathing.

"Are you alright, Sang?" asked Kota, slowly coming towards me. I took a moment before nodding in reply and smiled in thanks for the glass of water Gabriel offered me. I was more embarrassed then anything. I probably looked like a mess.

Seemlessly, as if they picked up my thoughts of not making a big deal out of what just occurred, they began to banter and get ready to leave. Victor slipped into the seat next to mine and tapped the table with his fingers as if he was playing a particular song on a piano.

"Sang," he began, his voice conveying regret, " I won't be able to come today."

"Oh...". A bout of sadness crept up on my heart and gave it a tight squeeze as he explained that he had been called to do a few academy jobs. The feeling was a familiar one as it occurred when ever I parted from any of the other 9 boys. I didn't think of it too much - my mind had a range of other things to consider. I chalked it up to being a longing to learn more about and spend more time with all of these intriguing young men.

Victor must have felt it too as he squeezed my hand, his eyes filled with a fiery determination. "I'll see you tonight, though, I promise."

I smiled and nodded. Tonight.

After finishing up with preparations and saying goodbye to Victor, we were soon at the front door. Nerves and anticipation rolled over me. The next steps I took would officially be the first steps taken into the public eye as human. I would be Sang who is just a regular living breathing girl going to do normal things with her friends and not a ghost.

Surely, I must have done this without hesitation before with friends of my past. But I couldn't help but feel as though the moment was significant in that I stood side by side with three of the nine boys that have changed my life in a matter of days.

XxXxXxX

Hello~~

Firstly, I apologise for the wait and I thank you for sticking around and encouraging me to keep going! I had struggled heaps with this chapter and it wouldn't have come out without your support.

I want you to know that I have an ending planned out for this story and I'm determined to get there, not matter how long it takes.

Secondly, I have a reverse harem story that I will post up soon (probably tonight). So if you're interested in that, please check on my page. It's called Stubbornly Yours. Warning however, updates will be slow cause that's how I roll~

Here is the synopsis:
"Addilyn Daniels. Only daughter and heir of Jarrett Daniels. Best friend to five obnoxiously loyal boys. Big dreamer. Massive fan of peppermint and chocolate chip ice cream. Often overthinks the smallest things.

And is running out of time.

Which is why she is determined that her friends are not chained to her by obligation and have the opportunities to find their own lives and loves, before she's too late. It's a mission with a time limit.

But they won't make things too easy for her, for reasons they thought she already knew."

Hopefully you've enjoyed this chapter and I shall see you in the next one!