6. Spying

"What the hell?" Camila says with a start, hearing a sudden knock at her bedroom window - considering she happened to have a second floor bedroom.

*clunk*

There was that noise again, against the clear pane of glass, the sheer divide between her safe-haven and the outside world.

Camila tip-toed across the cold floor under the dim orange glow of the fairy lights lining her walls. Exploring the source of this peculiar noise, She approached her balcony door and slid it to the side. She exited onto the balcony allowing the soothing cool air to dance on the Latina's tan skin, as she basked in the familiar Floridian, salty breeze.

Peering her head out over her balcony, Camila's eyes laid upon a pair of glistening green orbs, glazed in moon dust and affection. She had her left hand full of small stones and pebbles that she must have picked up from the surrounding garden beds of the yard, throwing them up to catch Camila's attention.

"What? Texting wasn't an option?" Camila enquired.

"Nope. I find small rocks to be much more entertaining."

"Break my window and you can move out."

"Noted." Lauren stared up at the other girl on the balcony with a big childish grin for a while before Camila decided to ask-

"What?"

"Oh. I'm home now."

"I see that Lauren,"

"Wanna get some of our media project done?"

"I'll be right down, you big kid."

"That's me."

Camila noticed how Lauren's entire face lit up under the calm night sky, her green pools glowing, below Luna herself. Lauren could be a goddess.

Elegant. Mysterious. Fantastical. Powerful.

Goddess was fitting.

The first clap of thunder startled both the girls, eliciting a small whimper from Lauren as the sky began to cry thick tears onto the earth. The first menacing flash to light the dark sky left Camila alone on the balcony as the other Cuban darted back into her home.

Camila turned back into her bedroom, throwing on a simple, black, over-sized hoodie while remaining in the bed shorts she was already wearing. She collected her notepad and a few stationary items before heading downstairs to meet Lauren. Sliding her fathers slippers on over her black sneaker socks to keep them dry on her way over the grass to Lauren's summer house.

The door creaked as it opened, allowing Camila to pinpoint the where-abouts of Lauren in the dimly lit room, through the fearful whimper the other cuban released.

"Relax, it's Camila not some weather demon." The girl stated, giggling to herself.

"How do I know you're not both?" Lauren asked playfully, walking toward Camila, tugging her hood off of her head.

"I guess you'll just have to trust me." With those last words, Camila had become painfully aware of their close proximity. Something about the other girl's eyes had Camila hooked. If Lauren's hands weren't still attached loosely to the laces of her hoodie, Camila was sure she would have fallen into the other girl's blissful emeralds.

Everybody's in a trance, but all we wanna do is dance, this place is out of control, yeah we are out of control

Neither of them realised just how long they were standing like that. It was Camila who's eyes danced first, swapping partners from Lauren's eyes to lips. While Lauren just stood there, a small smile visible at the corners of her mouth, as she remained dazed in front of the younger Latina.