Chapter 19

El's POV

So, it's the first proper day back, I didn't touch anything at the feast last night and today I'm skipping breakfast. The unfortunate thing is that I have potions first with Cedric, fabby. So obviously I'm wearing my robes but I've done my make up to perfection, make him realise what he's lost and all that. Even though I feel like crap theres no point in me looking like it. I let my hair flow down naturally and I realised I have had enough of the style of my hair so I'll get Georgia to sort that out later. Anyways, yeah, I don't really know what to think about this whole situation, obviously I'm gutted but at the same time I'm quite glad because I've had all these feelings for George for 4 years. I began to slowly walk to potions with my head held high, people had a lot of respect for me because I hadn't done anything wrong, apparently Cho and Cedric aren't even getting together so he's lost everything there.

"good morning Georgie" I waved at him as I made my way passed his table and into my seat.
"o-oh, good morning El" I turned and saw him beaming at me, I swear every time he looks at me my tummy does flips and all I can feel is my face burning up. I felt Cedric's presence as soon as he entered the room, with every step he took to his seat next to me the more I got nervous and the more butterflies I had. Not like the butterflies I have with George, different ones, ones that are more like tortured and scared. I sighed deeply as he sat down next to me.

"El, darling, we need to talk about everything"
Snape entered the room.
"Darling? DARLING? DON'T YOU DARLING ME." I shot up out of my seat and Snape said nothing, it was as if he knew everything and he was allowing me to do this even though I'm Gryffindor.

"How dare you speak to me so casually like you have done nothing wrong. YOU cheated on me, YOU messed this relationship up and YOU broke MY heart, so don't darling me when it's obvious you have no respect for me." I picked up my things and ran out of class, after looking at Snape for his nod of approval, that man has some weird emotions. Tears began to run down my face but more from the sheer anger than being actually upset. I ran to the quidditch pitch and sat on the highest stand, letting the cool air breeze past me and I was so content with everything, that was until someone came and sat besides me.

Georges POV

After El's outburst everyone was left shocked, she is probably the nicest girl in our year and wouldn't normally say anything to anyone but it was obvious he had really pushed a nerve. Cedric's face turned as red as my tie and you could see his eyes were filling up. El ran out of class and Snape ended up nodding at me and allowing to follow her.
I was a bit behind her but I knew exactly where she was going, I got to the quidditch pitch and saw she was right at the top, I quietly went up and sat beside her, not disturbing her as she looked deep in thought.
"Cedric go aw- oh my goodness, George I am so sorry, I thought he had followed me or something"
"Don't you worry about that, Snape told me to come with you, obviously because mad man Sirius is on the loose and he doesn't want you on your own even with all these dementors."

I placed my arm around her shoulder as she turned her head back to face forwards, the winter wind blowing her hair all over her face with tears pricking her eyes. I sighed and pulled her into me, doing so she snuggled herself into my chest as if she was protecting herself. I smiled as I rubbed her back gently.

"You know, myself and Fred still need a guinea pig for the puking pastilles"
"B-but I thought you had no antidote for that?"
"Exactly Elizabeth"
She looked up at me and a small giggle escaped her lips, I winked at her and her face began to turn very red, I chuckled and eventually we both went to our next class which was care of magical creatures so I knew El would be slightly happier.