Chapter 22

Els POV

It's now the Christmas holidays (a/n sorry if this isn't in chronological order!) And I haven't spoken to George at all. I'm quite excited about being at home but both my family and the weasley family are having a party at the burrow tonight and we are staying over for Christmas. It would be okay but when I'm around George it's very awkward. Myself and Fred still speak but we are no where near as close at the moment. Anyway..right now myself and James are sorting out our outfits for the party.

"James I'm wearing this black dress so what are you wearing?"
"Black jeans and a white shirt El, we have been through this"
"Alright bloody hell. I'm wearing red shoes"
"Well I'm going to wear a red tie then"
"Well that's cute"
"If you don't win George back with that dress I will be very surprised"
"It's not about winning him back, I just want us to be friends ah"
"Of course that's all you want..."
"Shut your mouth sunshine"

We both began to laugh and I decided to begin to get ready for the night, I left my hair curly and placed it half up half down with a French braid. Whilst getting ready I began to dance around my room to some muggle house music with a bottle of wine in my hand..safe to say pre drinks were becoming a thing. Once I settled down I did my make up which was quite basic however I had a smokey eye and red lipstick on. After making myself another foot taller with my shoes I made my way downstairs with my suitcase to find my brothers and my dad all looking rather dapper. I chuckled and held onto Lukes hand who was holding dads hand who was hold- you get the picture and we began to apperate to the burrow.

"Elizabeth! It's so lovely to see you!"
"You too Mrs weasley but please call me El!"

I was enveloped into the biggest cuddle I had ever had, to the point where it was hard to breathe, I giggled as I finally saw where George got his hugs from. We greeted the rest of the weasley family but George was no where in site.

"Well hello there El"
"Oh my gosh! Charlie! It's so good to see you!"
I pulled him into a massive hug, as my family and the Weasleys were quite close I had a some what bond with Charlie. We both had a bit of flirty banter with one another but it had never gone past that, although I have to say he has gotten quite good looking and his hair had grown a bit more like Bill's and the twins.
"You're looking rather lovely tonight"
"I could say the same about yourself Charles. Erm where's Georgie?"
"He's upstairs in his room, too anxious to come out and make it awkward wjth you"
"Alright, well I'm going to see him so I'll be back down in a bit"

I spun on my heel and began to walk up the stairs to Georges room. Once reaching his room I all of a sudden became anxious about speaking to him. We had gone months without holding a conversation so this was going to be weird. I knocked on the door, anxious for his reply.

"Go away please, bloody hell, how many times do I have to say"

I opened the door slowly and stood at the door frame.
"I SAID TO GO AWA-"
He turned around and looked at me straight in the eyes and began to stand up slowly. I pretty much ran to him and engulfed him in a hug, feeling my feet lift the ground I giggled and snuggled my head into the crook of his neck. Tears began to prick my eyes as he placed me gently down on the ground, I felt his hands brush my cheeks and wipe away the tears that had began to fall.

"I've missed you Georgie"
"And I've missed you too El, I'm so sorry for how I've been these past few weeks. I just can't stand you getting close to Ced again, like I don't want you to get hurt"
"Honestly I'm never going there again with him in that sense. He hurt me and I'm not silly enough to go back there."
"So are we all good then?"
"Of course we are silly!"
"Well, let's get this party started then Elizabeth"

I giggled as he pulled out a bottle of fire whisky. This was going to be a good night.

A/n sorry for the long wait on the update! I have had terrible writers block and I've been so busy with college work ahhhh.