t w o

The second thing he noticed was that her eyes were a wonderful shade of green.

He paid more attention to her eyes the next time she entered the shop. Which happened to be the next day, at the same time. One in the afternoon.

She smiled at him as she walked up to the counter.

"Hey Oscar," she said.

"Hi," he replied. "What is your order today?"

"The same sundae as yesterday please. I really enjoyed it."

A warm, happy feeling rushed through him. She enjoyed the sundae that he made up for her.

"Of course."

She smiled. "What's the name of it? I'd love to know, as I'm going to order it a lot in future."

Oscar thought for a moment. How was he supposed to tell her that he had made it specially for her? He decided not to, and to just add the sundae onto the menu later.

"Um, it's the Sweet Treats Sundae," he told her, making it up on the spot.

Because you are so sweet, he thought to himself.

"What a nice name," she said, smiling. "I promise you, it's all I'm going to order when I come here."

Oscar smiled happily as he leaned down to scoop up the ice cream and put it into the glass. This girl, this girl that he had met twice, made him smile so much. No other girl had this effect on him before, not even the ones he'd known for years.

"Here you go," he said, finishing off the sundae and handing the glass to the girl.

"Thanks Oscar," she replied.

As she started to walk away, Oscar said, "Wait! I don't... I don't know your name. If you don't mind me asking, of course."

She smiled and nodded. "Sure. My name is Rosette. But just so you know Oscar, I don't tell many workers at ice cream shops my name. So consider yourself lucky."

As she walked away to her table near the window, Oscar thought, Rosette. A beautiful name for a beautiful girl.