Chapter Forty

Please read authors note at the 'end'.

"And this is the kitchen, and that is the fridge, and there is the pizza that I keep hidden in the fridge." I hear from the next room. Michael insisted he took Aaron on a tour of the entire bus, showing him every single detail of every single room. He's a little timid with the baby still, only holding him when he's on flat ground, he refuses to take the baby anywhere out of the tour bus in fear he might fall however.

"He's still showing him around eh?" Ashton asks Jocelyn, who is currently sitting beside me on the small couch. "Yeah, he hasn't let me hold him in a solid hour." Jocelyn sighs, looking slightly tired.

"Maybe that's a good thing, love. When was the last time you slept?" I ask, slightly chuckling when she lays her head on my shoulder and sighs again.

"I slept for about two hours last night, which is better than the last couple nights where I was only getting one." She says while bringing the fuzzy blanket up to her chin.

"You should go to sleep. Between me, Ashton, and Michael, I think we can take care of Aaron." I say quietly, running my fingers through her hair to get out the knots that have progressed over the past day. "I don't know-" she begins, but I interrupt her before she can decline.

"Josie, I promise you he'll be okay. I'll make sure of it." I assure her, beginning to braid her messy hair.

This past week with Aaron has been stressful on her, she hasn't slept because of Aaron's weird sleep schedule, she's constantly stressing over the littlest things (but that's normal for new moms), and she's extremely worried for her baby. I know she only wants the best and now that he's here, she wants to be with him all the time, but she needs a break, and I think she's also starting to realize that.

"Oh. Alright. I guess." She gives in, giving me a short hug and getting up. I also get up, and I follow her to the kitchen. She walks to Michael to notify him about her nap.

"Hey babe. I'm going to head for a nap." She says, Michael gasps at this and holds out Aaron for her to take. She goes to give in but I pull her back. "She's going for a nap alone Michael." I interrupt, not meaning to sound like a bitch but managing to do so anyways.

"But... But-" he starts, obviously nervous to be looking after Aaron for the very first time by himself.

"If you need anything just ask paisley, she'll help you." Jocelyn adds, he sighs in relief and smiles at me.

"Alright." He says optimistically, seeming to have an entire different mindset about this. Jocelyn smiles and yawns, immediately walking to the back of the bus and collapsing on her bed.

"Are you sure about this? I mean- will he be okay?" Michael asks, looking back and forth between the baby and me. "Yes Michael. Aaron will be fine. I promise. He has the best family in the world to take care of him." I assure him. Just then, Aaron starts squirming and whimpering.

"Oh god." Michael says in a panic, bouncing the baby in his arms slowly, I just laugh and reach out for Aaron. "It will be okay Michael." I say, trying my hardest to calm the poor boys nerves.

I hold the baby in my arms, him immediately silencing and falling back asleep. I smile at Michael who just looks like a giant weight was just dropped from his shoulders. "I told you he'd be fine Michael. He's a baby. Babies cry." I tell him.

"I know I just... Don't like it when my baby cries." He pouts, coming closer and resting his hand on the tired infants foot. He runs his finger up and down his foot lightly, causing Aaron to smile in his sleep. "Awe, he's ticklish just like you." I state, giggling lightly. I can't wait till I have my own little one of these.