Chapter Twenty |The Party|

AVERY

"Tell me you don't love me...and then I'll for sure keep my distance" he spoke softly against my ear.

"I still love you" I breathe out. He smiled showing his pearly whites.

"The feeling mutual" he added. I smile back while he picked me up in his arms and swung me around

"I love you so much, and nothings ever gonna change that" he kissed me deeply and promised to never let go. I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. We fell on something that felt like it could be a cloud

"You don't know how much I've missed you" he pulled both my arms apart then kissed down my neck. My body urged for more of him.

"I wanna make love to you" he looked down at me and stared into my eyes. I was a bit taken by surprise

"Then what's stopping you?" I responded

"Your dad" he said

"What?" I lifted an eyebrow

"Sorry, I have to go"

"No, wait Chris! Chris!" I felt like I was being shook

"Avery!" "Avery, wake up!" I snap out of it and there stood my dad. It was just a dream. All of it.

"Why are you yelling out Chris' name? You know it is three in the morning" he tiredly said squinting his eyes. I stared straight a head then turn my head to look at him. A small tear made its way out

"Oh no. Don't tell me you were hav- I'm going back to sleep" he shakes his head and leaves the room. He has no idea.

__

"Dad, when can I call out?" I asked tapping a pen against the cash register

"You just started working here since yesterday and you already wanna call outta work. Jesus Avery, you're more lazier than I thought" he shook his head and made his way towards the back. I was stuck being the cashier today and it's really boring. I guess anything I did here was horrible to me. I couldn't stop thinking about the dream I had. I really dreamed about being with Chris and it made me so happy. I felt how happy I was being with him and how enjoyable it was. It really sucked to know that it was a dream though. I don't know how long I can keep this up. Keeping secrets is the one thing that always affects me, but coming clean is hard too. I'm ripped out of my thoughts once I hear the door signal that someone entered the store.

"Avery!" I spot two little boys running up to the counter. Their names were Casey and Paul, Kirons younger brothers.

"Hey guys, how are you?" I smiled looking down at them. "Where's Kiron?" I asked. Then once again the bells on the door shook there he was.

"Hi" I waved. He looked at me then down at them

"Come on guys. We'll get ice cream instead" he grabbed both their hands as they whined and pouted then left the store. Well someone stills upset. It should be me thats should still be mad at him but I'm over it. He wants me to feel bad for him but was the one who was hiding a secret from me. I really would love to talk to him because I don't wanna just ruin our friendship like this. I've known him way too long to just end it like this. If he was really my best friend to began with we would have squashed this whole thing by now but I'm guessing it's just not that simple.