Chapter Twenty Six | Time Flies|

AVERY

I wake up at the normal time I get up for school which was 5:00 AM to get dressed and eat breakfast by 6:00 AM just to leave the house by 6:45 AM and make it to school by 7:15 AM. I was pretty anxious on how this morning was going to plan out since yesterday was crap. I got out of bed and headed straight to my dresser as I picked out what I would wear today. It was a warm day with a high chance of wind so I picked out a simple white tank top with a pair of blue jeans and a simple black cardigan. I then make my way to the bathroom as I brush and wash my face at the sink. I place my makeup products which only contained a blending brush, foundation , concealer, eyeliner, and mascara out from the mirror cabinet onto the side of the sink. I wore a simple face and never learned how to do the extreme stuff so I just did the basics. I now head over to use the bathroom then turn the hot shower on. Which by the way is the best way to take a shower.

I step inside just for a random reminder to pop inside my head. I don't know why at the time Cali came to mind, but I was going to help her babysit her brothers after school today which I was not happy about at all. She is just too gentle and kind, and even fragile to say no too and it makes me feel guilty every time I see her because she simply asked me if I still had feeling for Chris before she moved things further with him which I said no to spare her feeling, but it wasn't the truth and now her feeling are crushed because of me.

I shake the thought off as I finish cleaning myself before stepping out to the cold feeling of getting out the shower. I turn the water off as I get out and grab my towel off the rack. I make my way back into my room as I dry my body off. By this time my mom would be downstairs and Chris just now waking up to get in the shower.

I take a seat on the edge of my bed as I lotion my body before putting on my clothes. I got ready in no time and reached to check the time on my phone and it was 5:51 AM. I take my hair out of its ponytail then move my hand around it to make it look somewhat better. I was going to do my makeup after going to check on Chris. I walk out my room and knock on his door twice before entering. I shook my head as he was was still asleep.

"Baby, time to get up" I smile to myself as I grabbed onto his ears and watched as he slept. He was so cute. No response.

"Chris get up!" I now shook him till he opened his eye. He then wakes up.

"Damn babe, I would've stuck you if you were anybody else. I hate being woken up like that." He spoken with a raspy voice and sat up on the bed.

"I'm sorry. You overslept" I said immediately tensing up. I guess he could tell by my body language that I was a bit frighten

"Nah I'm sorry don't take it that way. I didn't mean for it to come out that way" he sighs to himself and pulls me closer to him. I sat on the bed with him for a quick second.

"I know don't worry. I'll let you get ready though" I gently caress his neck and lean my body forward to embrace him with a hug. I wasn't still frighten about when Chris fought Kiron, because I know that he would never do anything to physically hurt me, but that doesn't mean it wasn't still in the back of my mind.

"Okay I'll be out in a second" he says getting out of bed and I close the door behind me as I leave the room. What was also unusual I did not hear anything coming from downstairs nor did I smell food being cooked. It was well over the time my mom should be awake for work and have breakfast already done, so I decide to take a glance in her room to see if she was still in bed and she was.

"Mom, you overslept. You'll be late for work." I lightly rub her arm and her body temperature felt warmer than usual.

"What? What time is it?" She asked as she got up almost tripping over herself