Chapter 4

Chapter 4

The small Jedi Shuttle carrying Obi-Wan, Anakin, Ahsoka, and Chancellor Palpatine landed outside the Senate Office building on Coruscant where senators and droids awaited the Chancellor's arrival. Ahsoka followed as Anakin and Palpatine exited the shuttle and started walking towards the senators, when Anakin's words stopped her, "are you coming, Master?"

Obi-Wan had remained in the shuttle, "oh no, I'm not brave enough for politics. I have to report to the Council. Besides, you two need to be the poster pair."

Anakin managed a grin, but then said, "hold on, this whole operation was your idea. You planned it. You led the rescue operation. Ahsoka and I followed you."

"Sorry, old friend. Let us not forget that you two rescued me from the buzz droids. And you killed Count Dooku. And you rescued the Chancellor, carrying me unconscious on your back."

"All because of your training, Master."

"Anakin, let's be fair. Today, you two are the heroes and you deserve your glorious day with the politicians." Ahsoka silently agreed. Despite the disturbing behavior she'd seen Anakin display earlier, she knew he had done well.

"All right," Anakin relented, "but you owe me. And not for saving your skin for the tenth time."

"Ninth time, that business on Cato Nemoidia doesn't . . . doesn't count," Obi-Wan insisted.

Ahsoka laughed, "you two will never change." Obi-Wan and Anakin smiled, and then she and Anakin trailed after the Chancellor and met with the waiting senators.

Mace Windu was present as well. "Chancellor Palpatine," he said, "are you all right?"

"Yes," the Chancellor answered, "thanks to your three Jedi Knights. They killed Count Dooku, but General Grievous has escaped once again."

Mace nodded, "General Grievous will run and hide as he always does. He is a coward."

"That may be true, but with Count Dooku dead, he is the leader of the Droid Army, and I assure you, the Senate will vote to continue the war as long as Grievous is alive."

"Then the Jedi Council will make finding Grievous our highest priority."

Solemn nods bobbed around, and the entourage of senators made their way inside. Ahsoka walked alongside Anakin and Bail Organa.

Bail addressed them, "Skywalker, Tano, the Republic cannot praise you enough."

"Thank you, Senator Organa." Ahsoka said.

Anakin said, "the kidnapping was a bold move by the Separatists, but it was a mistake that Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, and I were able to take advantage of.

Bail continued, "the end of Count Dooku will surely bring an end to this war, and an end to the Chancellor's draconian security measures."

"I wish that were so," Anakin sighed, "but the fighting is going to continue until General Grievous is spare parts. The Chancellor is very clear about that."

Seemingly at the same time, Ahsoka and Anakin both straightened, sensing a figure following them in the shadow of the columns looming around them.

"I'll do everything I can with the Senate," Bail promised.

Ahsoka thanked him, and Anakin nodded distractedly. "Excuse me," he said.

"Certainly," Bail acknowledged, and Ahsoka nodded to Anakin as he left to see the figure.

Against her better judgement, Ahsoka continued walking with Bail, trying to put a finger on who the figure was. She could sense them through the Force, but she couldn't pinpoint their identity. All she knew was that it was female, and familiar.