I said so

Song for the chapter; Crossfire by Stephen

We sit under the willow tree again. I managed to convince her to sit with me again. It took three days, and all my might, but I did it.
You might wonder why I would put so much effort into a girl who doesn't even speak to me. But I simplified the answer for myself. She is graceful. Beautiful. Independent. Yet she is still bent. That's something that draws me towards her. Like an invisible cord dragging me to be close to her.

-------------
A wonder of beauty. And girl bound to love. She will love.
-------------

"Why are we here again, please remind me of that." She asks sounding pissed.
"Because I said so"
"But why did you say so?"
"Just because I said I said so!"
"You're confusing me."
"You're confusing me. Why? Because I said that I said  so because you asked why I said I said so, so now I am saying that I said so."
"Can you stop?"
"This conversation? Well if I'm correct, you are the one who started it. So.... Ahhhh. No."
"Just... Stop. Alright? Stop."
I stop. I think that if I want to say on her good side I should just do what she says. I wouldn't want to her to hate me.

----------------
Stars shine for a certain, limited amount of time, before they stop shining.
----------------

Her eyes seem to bore into the side of my head as I try to figure what exactly I am going to say.
I keep my eyes trained on the ground, staring intently at my shoes which have now suddenly become interesting.
"Penny for your thoughts." She asks me.
"No penny, but I will give you my thoughts.
You. You're so... Different. Quiet. You're so beautiful but you don't see it. I hear all the boys, talking about you. Saying how beautiful you are. Everyone would give everything they have, just to have a chance to be your friend, or have a conversation with you. Did you know that?"
"No one cares about me." A harsh laugh escaped her lips. "People don't give two shits about me. I bet you, if you went to a random guy in our grade they wouldn't even know my name."
"Well we'll see about that."