Chapter 8

•••

Louis stood in front of the King and the Queen, his head bowed down.

Now, under normal circumstances or if you were not Louis Tomlinson the charmer and the brave, you'd be close to shitting your pants in front of the King and the Queen but Louis felt at ease.

He looked up, making eye contact with the queen who smiled brightly at him like she had already accepted him to be the King next to his son who'd rule the kingdom. That was in fact true.

The King and the Queen had found out about a week ago, on their tenth month anniversary. Harry had told them ofcourse and they had accepted Louis with open arms. Louis even got to hug them. He got to hug the motherfucking royalty! Well he had given a blowjob to the prince too, but that's besides the point. The queen was so excited, she had even started to plan out the wedding but alas, Louis had to deliver the sad news about the thoughts of his parents.

The King and the queen had frowned deeply, not liking how their son's lover wasn't allowed to be. They were about to take action but Louis had stopped them. Told them he'll make them realise. They trusted him with that and felt happy that their son had chosen such a wonderful man who cared about people, his family so much.

Back to the current situation, the King and the Queen had played along with Louis and agreed to keep it hidden until Louis was ready. Right now they had something to tell the staff.

The King stood and started speaking in his authoritative voice,"Good afternoon my dear staff, I have gathered all of you here to announce that there will be a ball held at the end of this week and I want all of you to put in your best, I don't expect anything less."

With that he dismissed the staff.

"Louis, stay back." The queen said.

Louis wondered whether he was in trouble.

Louis stood in front of the queen until the rest of the members left.

"Louis, son, you do realise Harry has reached the age of marriage?" The queen asked.

Louis nodded, hesitantly, not knowing where this was going.

"Well, Kings of different kingdoms will be attending and there are a few princes who have come out as gay recently..."

Louis didn't like where this was going, not one bit.

"I know I told you to take your time, but questions will rise when I deny all the suitors, because Harry doesn't really have many choices. I hope you understand." With a pat on Louis' shoulder, the queen left.

Leaving Louis with his thoughts.

\\

"What are you thinking about, Lou?" Harry asked, skipping down the cobbled path.

"Your mom and I had a chat today.." Louis said, sighing.

"Oh...what did she talk to you about?" Harry asked, unfazed.

"She said that there'll be people asking your hand in marriage at the ball and there's only so many she can deny before people start getting curious, because you don't have many choices.."

Harry frowned,"but I want to marry you."

"I know , love. But I'm not doing a fantastic job of speeding things up. It's almost been a year."

Harry held Louis' hand giving it a squeeze he said, "we'll make it through,Lou."

"The thought of what happens after my father finds out, terrifies me so much." Louis says, hiding his face in the crook of Harry's neck.

"It'll be alright Lou, it'll be alright."

••••
OKAY ITS A FILLER BUT OKAY.