Chapter 4

I was so shock, that’s why the girl has these agonizing eyes because of that boy. I had this strange urge to beat that boy until he dies, and protect the girl. I want to wrap my arms to that girl and tell her that it’s ok. I want to protect her. She is alright? Will she be alright? I was going to her direction, she was still crying. What I’m I going to say? Hey are you alright? No. I think it will be obvious that I eavesdrop. How about, hey stop crying it will not help. Too cheesy. I need to say something not too cheesy yet cool and gentlemen-ish.

“Hey, apple?” Arghh.. Why did I say that! I want to take back what I said.

“My name is not apple” She said it clearly in English with her low and clear voice.

“I.. mean.. I mean you want an apple?”Then I handed the apple I was holding. I was so surprised that I stuttered. She has the most magical voice I ever heard.

“I have acres of apple farms inside and outside Korea. So I don’t need one.” Then she let the apple drop in my arms by shoving it off in my hands. I watched the apple roll into the ground. I feel like I was the one rolling in the ground, I was the one falling from somebody’s hand, like the apple is showing what happen today, my epic fail.

I sighed. What a day! I pick the apple from the ground, and then I took a bite.

“You know an apple changed the lives of many people. I hope it does the same to you.” Then I went out of the garden without looking back.

~Emma Watson by Aj Rafael