Chapter 2 - What's Behind the Secret Door?

Chapter 2 – What’s Behind the Secret Door?

When she finally hit the white object, it was not hard but very soft, like cotton. She quickly realized that she had fallen into a cloud. It was the softest thing she had ever felt. She climbed out of the cloud with ease.

All around her everything was beautiful. There were balloons and hearts in every direction and they were of every color in the rainbow. Stephanie decided that there were millions more colors here than could ever be in a rainbow.

She began to walk. As she did, the balloons and hearts separated to make a path. She began to follow the path as it led to a clearing. In the clearing, she saw blues, pinks, reds, purples, and zillions of other colors. She also saw the most beautiful animal she had ever seen.

Amazed, Stephanie rushed over to the animal. She stopped before she got too close. She hid behind a nearby cloud, peering around the side of it at the animal.

She realized that the animal was a Pegasus. She noticed that the Pegasus had something strapped to its back, or maybe it was part of the Pegasus, but that didn’t matter. What really mattered was what it was.

Stephanie decided that she was going to find out. As she got closer, she noticed that it had long, full, fluffy wings growing out of its back and when he stretched his wings out, they seemed to go on forever. Stephanie reached out to touch one and the horse wrapped its wing around her like it was hugging her. It made her feel warm and cuddly.

Its body was white but Stephanie seemed to be able to see a kaleidoscope of colors shimmering across its back. Its wings were mostly white but ate the base they were deep red and the tips were soft pink. Stephanie knew that had to be the most beautiful animal she had ever seen.

She realized that the thing on strapped to its back was a basket. It was made of a smooth, soft wood and had a shiny pink liner in the basket that looked at least a foot thick. In the basket there was also a snack and drink dispenser in the person riding in it got a sudden urge for cookies and milk or a candy bar and a Coke.

In addition, the basket contained two huge fluffy pillows. One was soft pink and the other one was baby blue.

Standing next to the Pegasus, Stephanie noticed a little boy about one year older than her own age of nine. The little boy had short curly red hair that reminded Stephanie of her dog. He was wearing the cutest overalls that Stephanie had ever seen. They were light blue and worn at the knees. They also had patches all over them of various shapes representing many items such as apples, spoons, and other odds and ends.

The boy smiled and his green eyes lit up and his little button nose crinkled. He approached Stephanie and said, “Welcome to The Magic Garden.

 As he spoke, Stephanie realized that the hearts and balloons around her were part of pretty flowers that grew on long dark green vines that seemed to weave around almost everything that Stephanie could see, but they didn’t get in the way. Stephanie wished that all her friends at home could see this place. It was so neat and so special. There weren’t words to describe it.

“My name is Michael. I have been expecting you. Come along and I will give you a tour of the places I have explored. I haven’t explored everywhere because this place is so big and this is only my first night here. This is Bubbles,” he said pointing to the Pegasus that stood beside them. “He will take you wherever you want to go in The Magic Garden. You just climb up in his basket on top of the fluffy pillows and off you go. Just tell him. He will understand you and he knows where everything is. Climb up in the basket and we will go to The Land of the Million Rainbows of Ice Cream. Don’t worry, everything here is free.”