Chapter 16 - Think About It

I've lengthened the time period between the celebratory feast and when Jane comes to Asgard. In the movie Thor leaves for Earth that night, but I decided I needed more time between it. It shouldn't really change anything.

Most of my time was spent in the library or forgery. I read book after book and created whatever came to mind using the foreign elements of Asgard. The first thing I did was make them some knew handcuffs, deciding that considering some of the creatures they held in captivity a few stronger precautions couldn't go to waste.

Friends were surprisingly easily made, especially with Thor's already established friendship. It was true that I was out of place, but at the same time welcomed on this strange realm.

In truth... I could see myself getting lost in this place. It's food, it's clothes, the buildings, the way of life. Earth had become so... corrupt over the years. Polluted by it's own people, but here... everything was fresh and clean... pure.

"Thought I might find you here." Thor's voice boomed through the library as I flicked through the pages of a new book. "Take a break from your readings. Sif wishes to see you and she's not someone you want to keep waiting." Thor explained as he reached the table.

"Sif? What could she want?" I asked curiously, thinking on the Asgardian warrior woman. I had hung out with her a few times as I had a few of the others, but she had never sought me out for a reason, only idle chit chat in gatherings.

"Training." He grinned.

"Training." I stated back in confusion.

"I have asked her to train you and she agreed."

"You did what?" My eyes went wide.

"It's true you can hold your own, but this is Asgard."

"Thor..."

"Come." He pulled me to my feet. "It will be good for you to get out of this room once in a while."

"This isn't all I do."

"Hush."

"Thor." I warned.

"It has been arranged."

"When this training is completed I'm going to use it to kick your ass."

"I thought you liked learning things."

"I do, but... Sif could probably kill me in a matter of seconds and something tells me this is going to end somewhat embarrassingly." I explained.

It was a futile attempt. The next few hours were spent with Sif throwing me around like rag doll. Well sort of. She did teach me more than the occasional thing, it was just every known and again she would forget that her strength was much more powerful than my own. When I reached for a weapon I realised why Thor had arranged this training, however. I could fight... with weapons, weapons that I created. The purpose of this was to teach me how to without them, or anything for that matter. Sif said that we would work up to swords and spears and that I should start to create something of my own design in the forgery, using Asgardian steal.

Two hours every day I spent with Sif. Thor would occasional watch, getting a few kicks out of my frustration at times and on the odd occasion I would even see Odin.

I settled in to a very firm routine. Rise early, train, wash up and head to the library, socialise in the evening and then head to the forgery. It became a regular day to me and how effortlessly I had slipt into was frightening.

When Thor and the others had left to continue fighting their war for peace among the 9 realms, I trained myself, occasionally with the help of some guards who I eventually managed to beat. I ate dinner with Odin and Frigga, often listening to the stories they would tell about their millenniums spent living.