[Bonus] A Sandy Cove Winter

Thank you for helping this story reach 4,000 reads! To thank everyone who's gotten this far and put so much time into this story, I wanted to share this small bonus chapter, considering the epilogue didn't really cover as much as I wanted it to.

This is for all my readers, who have inspired me and helped my writing grow so much.

Thank you

approximately six months after the epilogue

A Sandy Cove Winter

Like the way the final jigsaw piece glides smoothly into its place, my fingers found themselves intertwining in his. Like they belonged there. They had all this time.

Winter brought with it the stinging breeze from the ocean, hitting our exposed faces as we meandered along the jetty. It also brought peace to Sandy Cove, a tranquillity that came only with the absence of tourists.

We walked to its very edge, where the wooden planks ended and the turbulent ocean began. Around us, the sea roared with the heavy wind, curling and foaming like an untamed beast, showing off its power as if it were bragging.

"Is this vantage point enough for you?" I asked, my lips fumbling in their half-frozen state.

Alastair's fingers loosened from mine to retrieve the camera from its case. His eyes flitted to meet my own, they were wrinkled in the corners with a smile. "Your lips are blue."

And then, to solve the problem, he took a step forward and pulled me towards him by my waist, his warmth cascading through the thick jacket I was wearing and wrapping around my skin in an intoxicating caress. From first dates to family dinners, the building of our relationship did nothing to stop the magnetic pull I still seemed to feel around him.

As if it were trying to assist us, a wisp of wind carried my hair out of my face, granting him the opportunity to press his warm lips to mine. He tasted of the hot chocolate we'd enjoyed only moments ago, and the ends of his hair tickled my forehead. It was a testament to my success in convincing him to grow it long.

I couldn't help smiling into his lips, and I felt his pull up in return.

"We're here to take photos, not to make out," he murmured, the huskiness of his voice and the tingle of his breath on my lips made me desperate to move closer to him.

"Take photos then," I whispered, but I prevented him from responding by kissing him harder.

There wasn't a soul around us, the streets were deserted. The storm that had taken Sandy Cove only this morning had left with it a freezing chill, locking residents into the warmth of their homes.

Which is why we had to keep close. To preserve our body heat, right?

"I wouldn't have taken you with me if I'd known you'd be so distracting," he said. "I'd have left you between my bed sheets to wait for me to get back."

I groaned in protest. "I hate it when you sneak out."

"Which is why I brought you along. But you're not helping your case," he said solemnly. I gave him a look that was menacing enough to return the smile to his face.