The Howl

Nobody expected the unfamiliar howl outside. Especially not me. In fact, that howl is what got me out of James bed and running.

After a while of some major teasing and kissing, I laid by James side. Okay, maybe 'laid' isn't the right word.  

I could tell he still hadn't gotten over my almost rejection judging by the way he was holding me so tightly, it kinda hurt. His arms brushed against my bare sides. Did I forget to mention my shirt sort of came off in the process of our touching? Yeah, it was pretty eventful.  

I wanted to beat myself up, though. Guilt, regret, sadness, and anger flowed through me like an electrical circuit. All because of how I'd almost rejected him.  

If I had rejected him, I would've been missing out some exciting stuff. James fingers do wonders when they glide across skin. The thought sent a warmth through my chest.  

I was majorly pleased right now. But you know what would make it better?  

If James wasn't sleeping.  

Yeah. I totally forgot to mention that part, too.  

Here I am, desiring his touch and reliving the past few moments, while he's asleep.  

It took me a while to notice he was sleeping, too. I was nibbling on his ear when I heard a small noise escape him. Was that a purr? I pulled away from him and his eyes were shut, his lips slightly parted. The jerk had fallen asleep while I was biting his ear!  

It didn't exactly make me feel like the sexiest person in the world. What had I done to make him fall asleep? 

I tried to leave his bed, as well. That didn't work out. James is like a little girl who won't let go of her stuffed bear when she's sleeping. FYI, I'm the stuffed bear.

I was so bored right now. James was of no use while he wasn't conscious. I wasn't even the slightest bit sleepy. Okay, truth is, sleep is starting to come to me. Just when I think I'm about to go into a blissful sleep in James' arms, I hear something.  

It's loud, unyielding, and very effective. It's a wolf howl.  

Finding the strength, I rip myself out of James' death grip and make a mad dash for the door.  

I'm halfway down the hall when I realize I'm not wearing a shirt.  

Running back, I grab the first shirt I see. James' shirt. Slipping it on, I inhale his citrus scent and smile.  

I am so not giving this shirt back.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

In the living room, the whole gang is there. Well, partially. Jax, Adam, and Adrian are missing.  

Phoenix sits in front of the TV, furiously punching the buttons on his PS2 controller. Connor is beside him, doing the same. The game on screen looks pretty violent. And by violent, I mean zombies, blood, guns, bombs, and guts.  

Stacy's on the couch, a magazine in hand. Her feet are tossed up on the coffee table. Her toes are a painted a bright red and the nail polish bottle is beside her feet.  

Trisha is sitting on the ground by Stacy. She's wiggling a pencil back and forth in her hand. On her lap is a small journal.  

I glance at all of them. They seem perfectly at ease. What the hell? Did they seriously not hear that howl? 

Stacy notices me first. She smirks. "Having fun with James?"  

Trisha's head jerks up. "Wait-what?"