Far Away

Enjoy(:

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

♦♦♦♦♦

•••••••|••••••••••••••••••••••••|•••••••••••••••••••••••••|••••••••••••••••••••|

Trisha's death was just the start of the madness. We were too blind to notice it back then but we soon would.

As soon as my scream escaped, everyone came rushing to the scene. James came first. He held me tight in his arms, blocking my view of Trisha and whispering in my ear. But I was too freaked to listen. My heart was pounding and I was shaking. How could this have happened? I was supposed to save her.

Stacy stood beside us and she couldn't tear her eyes away from the bloody mess of her best friend. Her mouth was open but no sound came out. She stepped toward Trisha but didn't make it far. Phoenix caught her as she fell to her knees, his own eyes wide in shock and fear.

"Get Jax." I heard James say to Connor.

Gathering me in his arms, James led me out of the room. "It's alright, Lissa. It's alright." I hadn't realized I was crying until he wiped away a few tears. He carried me all the way back to his room and set me down on the bed. Despite the mess, I found great comfort in his room.

James ended up whispering things to me until I eventually blacked out.

♦♦♦♦♦

When I came to, it was morning. James was dead asleep on the bed so I let him be and headed for the kitchen. The whole gang was there. Phoenix leaned against thae counter while drinking coffee. Connor looked out the tiny window above the kitchen sink. The boys were obviously lost in thought. Stacy sat on a barstool, staring off into space. Her eyes were rimmed with red and puffy from crying.

Where's Trisha?

Last nights memories hit me like a speeding truck.

Trisha was dead.

The friendly girl who had befriended me despite my odd tendencies. The beautiful, young girl who had yet to meet her mate. The dreamy girl obsessed with mystic poetry. She had a whole future ahead of her and now she was gone.

She was murdered.

And I had done nothing to stop it.

I cleared my throat and Stacy sniffled. "I had a vision last night."

Connor turned around to look at me. "A vision?"

"I never really told you guys. I...I see things. When I touch people. I see the future."

"You're a gifted wolf." Phoenix said, intrigue in his eyes.

"Yes, I am." I paused l.before continuing. I had to tell them. "I had a vision of Trisha last night. I saw..." My throat closed up and a small squeak escaped. I couldn't bring myself to say it. I didn't want to say it.

I didn't want to be responsible for Trisha's death. She was my first friend.

Whoever killed her would pay. I would make sure of it. I'd make sure Trisha was avenged because a girl like her never deserved a fate like the one she received last night.

"What did you see?" Stacy croaked.

"I saw Trisha." I repeated. "And...she was smiling. She was somewhere happy. She's not suffering but she's not at full peace, either. Not until we find out who...who did that to her. We have to make them pay."