Nightmares

Thanks to sterekxmalec for the ideas!! Really appreciate the help :) Hope you enjoy!!

I'm just drifting off into slumber when a loud noise shoots me awake. It takes me not even a second to realize that the noise is Stiles' frantic heartbeat. Shit.

I quickly throw the covers off of me and put a pair of jeans on, not bothering with a shirt before jumping out of my window. I had to get to Stiles no matter what.

I followed his scent and heart to his house, relieved to know he wasn't in danger. I climbed up the drain pipe all the way up to his window and jumped in with a soft thump.

I can almost hear my heart shatter when I take in the sight before me. Stiles was tangled up in his sheets with his eyes squinted shut and sweat beading across his forehead. He was mumbling something incoherent, and I only heard because of my werewolf senses.

I crept over to him as fast as I could, kneeling on his bed and trying to shake him awake. He started talking louder, but still didn't wake up.

"No, no, don't." He muttered, squeezing his eyes shut even tighter which I didn't think was possible.

"Stiles, babe, come on. Wake up." I shook him harder but still gently. He just clenched the sheets tighter, knuckles going white. It appeared that the nightmare was getting worse.

It hurt me to see him so distressed, and I couldn't hold it back anymore. "Stiles!" I roared, eyes flickering back and forth from red to green.

He shot out of bed with a start, flailing limbs almost whacking me in the face. Tears were still running down his face as he swallowed thickly. I wrapped my arms around him before he could even look at me.

"D-Derek..."

"Shh, it's okay, love. I'm here, it's all okay."

I could feel him shaking in my arms as I slowly lowered us down to lay down on the bed. I rubbed lazy circles on his back as he calmed down.

"I'm sorry." His voice cracked once he was finally calm. I pulled my head back from his shoulder so I could look at him.

"Don't apologize. Babe, you did nothing wrong." I whispered, still rubbing his back. He just nodded.

"Do you want to tell me what your dream was about?" I asked hesitantly. He shook his head, sniffling.

"Okay. Just let me know if you're ready. I'm always here." He didn't respond, for his breath had already evened out as he was dragged into a dreamless sleep.

Stiles' POV

When I woke up Derek was already gone. But the spot he was originally lying was still relatively warm, so I could tell he hadn't left that long ago.

I reached over for my phone on my bedside table, and I was greeted with a bunch of notifications.

Derek: Hey babe. Text me when you wake up?? <3

I smiled and typed back an answer.

Stiles: I'm up. Thnxs for coming last night <3

His reply was almost instant.

Derek: Are you okay?

Stiles: Yeah.

Derek: Okay. But you know you can talk to me whenever, right?

Stiles: I know. I love you

Derek: I love you more

I turned my phone off and sighed. I couldn't even remember what happened in my dream last night, all I remember is one detail. Nogitsune.

I shake my head as my mind starts to think the worst. Stop it, Stiles. It's not there anymore. You got rid of it.

Did we?

Don't worry they did ;)

Mini rant xD
Sorry that was kind of shitty I kind of have writers block right now and I've had a lot of performances lately and still more to come. And I'm sick :/

See you next week xxx