Chapter 5 Good Morning Good Morning

Prudence's POV

I couldn't sleep and it must have been 3am by now. I was really regreting not accepting John's offer. At around midnight, something slithered out from under a hole that must have been under my tent. Then, at 1am, I heard a very loud roar. It sounded close by. Then, there have been shadows circling my tent for the past 10 minutes.

I felt my heart beating in my chest in fear. I kept glancing at the shadows. They didn't look friendly.

Just close your eyes Prudence. Maybe you can some sleep before the sun rises. I thought to myself, calming down a bit to my dry sense of humor.

I shut my eyes for a minute but then opened them opened them when I heard a twig snap. The shadows were gone.

I sat up and unzipped my tent enough to peek through. It wasn't that dark anymore, the sun was nearly up. I couldn't see any animals outside or anything. A wave of relief went over me.

I lay back down on my half opened sleeping bag and at last found sleep.

*******

John's POV

It was nearly ten by now and Prudence still wasn't awake.

I just paced back and forth hoping that she wasn't dead. I mean, George was still sleeping too, but that wasn't like it was not normal. but you know, this is the first morning I have spent with Prudence (not like I'm spending it with her) so maybe she sleeps late!

I continued pacing until Ringo came over.

"John, why are you so tense right now?"

"I'm not tense!" I yelled.

"Sure, mmm hmm. We all believe you." Ringo said sarcastically. "Go on John, tell me your problems." Ringo said in a mock american radio anouncers voice. He then air-sat down, and pretended to flip through papers like a therapist. I chuckled.

"Is it that Prudence bird?" Ringo pondered, smiling teasingly.

"No!" I yelled a bit too quickly.

"Defensive, eh?" Ringo commented.

"Shut it, Starkey." I said, annoyed.

"Fine then." Ringo said in mock anger as if to copy me. He stormed away, slowing to a normal pace after about 5 steps.

An hour passed and Prudence still wasn't awake. Even George had woken up 10 minutes ago!

Pattie and Jane stood up simaltainiously and ran in the direction of Prudence's tent. There Prudence stood, still in her pajama's her hair all ruffled up. Her face was a bit swollen and her eyes had huge bags under them, hinting that she had not slept well.

I could hear her speaking to Jane and Pattie. I mean, I wasn't eavesdropping entirely, I wasn't listening to what they were saying, I just wanted to hear Prudence's voice.

It's hard to describe her voice. It's light, yet not hollow if you know what I mean. Plus, it was a bit husky since she just woke up which made it all the more prettier.

I mindlesly strode over toward her. "Sleep well?" I aksed, knowing that she hadn't.

"Um... Yeah!" She said somewhat nervously. Her nose scrunched as she said this making it clear that she was lying if her appearance hadn't been a good enough hint.

"Okay... but if you still want a tent buddie for tonight, just let me know!" I said trying to sound like I had bought her lie.

Her facial expression looked conflicted. "Um... I think I'm good." She said, staring down at the ground. Pattie gave an annoyed expression and nudged Prudence's shoulder.

"What a lovely offer John, Prudence would love to join you." Pattie said, smirking at Prudence's look of horror.

I didn't want to force Prudence to do something she didn't want to do, but at the same time, this might be my only chance to bond with her.

"Okay, later!" I said, turning around and walking toward my tent. I pulled out my guitar and sat down on a nearby tree stump. My fingers wandered along the neck of the guitar. I began picking at the strings until they sounded alright. My mind wandered as it does half the time I play guitar.

I stopped playing and just sat there thinking. Suddenly, I realized that I had no clue what I was thinking about in the first place. I decided to just let it go.

Prudence's POV

"What was that for Pattie?!?!" I said, nearly screaming.

"You'll thank me later..." She trailed off, the smirk never leaving her lips. It had been there ever since John came over.

"No, I won't!" I replied, frustrated.

"Well, at the pace you're going at, he will never get to know you..." She mumbled.

Just before I could yell at her, Marahrishi decided to come out. 

"Why so stressed?" He asked, walking over to us. 

"No reason." I said a bit too quickly. 

He smiled and walked into the center of the camp. "We will begin our meditation again now." He said, placing himself on the ground. Everyone sat at a generally close distance with eachother but me. I sat about seven meters from everyone else. 

I closed my eyes and emptied my mind, allowing my muscels to relax. Before I knew it, a bell was sounded signaling that the meditation was done. 

I hesitantly opened my eyes, not wanting to leave the relaxation that I was currently in. "That was a wonderful four hours, wasn't it?" I heard Jane say in a semi whisper. 

"Indeed." Maharishi said in reply. 

"We meditate to reach god, or whoever you beleive in. We meditate to answer life's questions. Once you are able to reach your god, all your questions are answered." Maharishi said after a short silence. 

We all nodded. 

"Now, is anybody hungry?" Maharishi asked. 

George and Ringo immediatly raised thier hands, soon followed by John and Paul, then myself as well as three other people whom I didn't know. We were all lead behind some trees until we came to a clearing with a large mat sprawled out. There was a mosquito net covering a large pile of food.

Pattie, Jane and Maureen followed us. 

We all sat on the edges of the mat, and Maharishi lifted the mosquito net. We all ate quickly and remained seated while Maharishi chanted something to thank god for our food.

When he had finished chanting, we sat for an extra second in silence before Pattie, Jane, and Maureen stood up. I stood, and followed them into the corner of the camp. We chatted about celebrities and music; you know, normal stuff. 

I zoned out after an hour, just dreading my evening with John tonight.