Chapter 7 We Can Work it Out

Prudence's POV

I woke up to brightness. It took my eyes a second to adjust to the sunlight. I sat up and looked around. I turned to see someone on a matress next to me. I jumped, startled. 

It's just John you scaredy cat!

I calmed down quickly. I remembered last night how we talked, nothing out of the ordinary. I think that did fall asleep while he was telling me something, but it's not like it could've been that important. I mean, probably something along the lines of 'Goodnight'

I stared at him for a second. His hair was ruffled up and the sun reflected off of his eyelashes. His breathes were slow and he would let out a gentle snore every now and then. He seemed so... peaceful that's the word. 

I stretched my arms out and crawled out of my sleeping bag. I carefully rolled it up and leaned my pillow against it. I rolled up the yoga mat and pushed it to the edge of the tent. I stood up as quietly as I could and unzipped the tent. 

I grabbed my stuff and stepped out of the tent. I looked at John one last time before zipping up the tent,

I walked over to my tent, smiling, and plopped all of my stuff inside of it. 

A piece of paper caught my attention. I picked it up and scanned it. 

It was my poem that I wrote last night. A sudden realization hit me. 

Great job Prudence! You're falling into his trap! He's going to break you! Become the dominant person! Learn to say no! Don't hang out with him again! 

John's POV

I rubbed my eyes until they were opened. 

Prudence!

I sat up quickly, smiling. I looked next to me but she wasn't there anymore. I felt the smile disapear from my face.

Why did she leave?   

Don't over react John! She's probably just getting dressed or something like that!

I shrugged it off and crawled out of the sleeping bag. It's hot! I walked out in only my boxers, forgetting that I wasn't at home. 

"Lennon, where are you're pants?" I heard Paul call to me. 

I blushed madly, quickly running back into my tent. This was going to be a long day...

Prudence's POV

I was just talking to Jane and Maureen about America when Paul yelled "Lennon, where are you're pants?" We all turned to see John wearing nothing but boxers and he was blushing madly. He quickly ran into his tent. 

Jane and Maureen began giggling. 

Don't blush, Don't blush! You do not like him, I repeat, you do NOT like him!

Jane opened her mouth to say something to me.

I shifted uncomfortably. Jane seemed to notice and held back whatever she was going to say. I walked over to my tent and meditated. If what Maharishi said was true, maybe God will  give me the answers. 

****Four Hours Later...****

I heard everyone gathering to the center of the camp. I crawled out of my tent and sat down in the same spot that I did yesterday. Everyone sat down and we began meditating. I sat patiently waiting for god to answer my questions. Still, nothing. 

The bell rang signaling the end of our meditation. I left my eyes closed for an extra minute, trying to reach god in the last couple of seconds. I finally decided to open my eyes, giving up... for now.