Chapter 13 Dear Prudence

• Dedicated to My Readers!

John's POV

I tried to fall asleep, but I simply couldn't. I don't know if I was nervous or just simply restless, but I couldn't find rest. I shrugged, and sat up, giving up on the whole concept of sleep. 

I lazily pulled my guitar on my lap and reached for my papers. Unfortunatly for me, the papers were just out of reach. I stretched with all my might and just barely touched them with a finger. I groaned, finally giving up and crawled over to get my papers. 

I hastily crawled back to where I orgianally was, finding no comfort in that particular spot in my tent anymore. I moved the blankets around for a bit, but I soon grew impatient and pushed the sheets into the corner of the tent and just sat on the bare mattress. 

I once again pulled my guitar onto my lap and placed the papers in front of me. I played through the song which I haven't yet named. Perhaps I'll just call it Prudence or something like that. I glanced briefly at my watch. It was already one in the morning. 

I put my guitar down and pulled the covers back onto my matress but yet again, could not find sleep. I sang multiple melodies in my head, trying to calm down my mind. When that didn't work, I counted sheep as cliché as it sounds. 

I still couldn't find sleep so I just ended up lying under the blankets with my eyes closed. I began thinking of the only thing that could calm me down: Prudence. I at last found sleep to her image. 

*****

I slowly began waking up. I let out an exasperated moan since I was still tired. I tried to keep my eyes closed for as long as I could, but I found no reason to keep them closed since I probably won't be able to fall back asleep. 

I sat up, rubbing my eyes open and let out a yawn. I shuffled around in my blankets until I found my watch which was hidden beneath them. 

6:00am

Shit. Who wakes up this early in the morning for absoloutly no reason?! Aparently I just did. 

My mind flicked to the song I had written last night. I felt nervous yet excited at the same time since I had  told Prudence I would play it for her today. Of course, she didn't know it was a song! Perhaps I could fake a surprise for her by giving her the cookie I snuck into the camp!

Oh John, you big wimp! Just play her the damn song!

But what if she doesn't like it?!

You're such a girl Lennon! Just get it over with! SO what if she doesn't like it?!

Yeah... but do I have to show it to her today? What about next week?

Just get it over with already John! Why don't you do it right now? The sooner you get it over with, the better you'll feel in the long run! 

After giving myslef a rather long pep talk, I decided that I would show Prudence the song today. Better sooner than later, eh? I stood up and crawled out of the tent, walking over to George's tent. I knew that Pattie was in her own tent right now, George kicked her out at night so that she could get some sleep at night while he meditated until the late hours. 

I unzipped the tent and set my guitar in the corner. "Hey Georgie!" I muttered. I sat on his sleeping face, knowing that it would be near impossible to wake him up if I didn't. 

"Get yer fat arse off my face!" George demanded. "Fine." I agreed, standing up, feeling satisfied that he was awake.

"What do you want John?" George drawled, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.