Memories

You moved the brown box to a corner to make room for another box.

You and Dalton were throwing a small party for close friends in his house.

You rummaged through the big cardboard box searching for twinkle lights, bora bora torches, party poppers and the disco ball.

Dalton was upstairs clearing out the furniture to make room for a make shift dance floor to be put up.

You got on your tiptoes to pull up a box from the shelf above.

It was way too heavy than you had expected, and it crashed to the floor.

Your hand hit floor.

You howled as pain shot through your arm.

"Are you okay?"

You heard him ask from upstairs.

He had asked you to not move any heavy boxes.

Within few seconds he was in front of you with a first aid box.

He gave you an angry stare.

"I'm sorry"

You whispered as he gently massaged the pain relief cream on your hand, not saying a word.

He was angry.

He wrapped the crepe bandage around your wrist without a word.

You held his face in your hands, forcing him to look up.

"I'm really sorry"

You planted a soft kiss on his lips.

"Now just sit here and don't move please"

He said going over to the shelf.

You got bored of staring at him moving the boxes so you rummaged through a chest of drawers nearby.

You found a picture album in the third drawer.

You opened it to find pictures of Dalton from his childhood.

In the first one, he was lying on a bed in his diaper.

Next was of him holding small guitar in his small infant hands.

You found more cute pictures as you flipped the pages.

In one, Sophie and Rebecca had dressed him up as a girl in a small glittering frock with bows and red lipstick on his face.

You chuckled, completely forgetting that you were in the garage with boxes all over the place and tired sweaty Dalton moving the boxes.

"What you laughing at?"

Dalton asked.

"Dalton did you ever dress up as a girl?"

You said suppressing your laugh.

"....no"

"Liar.... Come here"

He jumped over the boxes to reach you, taking a seat next to you.

"See..."

You said showing him the album.

Together you both flipped through the album going over every picture as he narrated the before and after scenes of the photo.

The task of finding the party stuff was long forgotten as you both spent the entire afternoon smiling and cuddling.

Only when the dusk set in did you realise there was no time left for searching the decorative pieces.

"Why don't we make it a theme party? The theme being memories. Everyone will have to dress up as their childhood selves. As for the decor we can put up these pictures all over the place."

"Great! You are a genius!"

He said kissing your cheek.

You took the pictures taped it to a thread, suspending it from the tree in the backyard.

"But you have to dress up as a girl Dalton!"

You said chuckling, as he chased you playfully around the house.