8. Las Vegas

The complete batch of hundred interns accompanied with Williams, Mark and a few personals from HR were flown down to Las Vegas and checked into suites of Bellagio.

"Holy Shit, look at the size of this suite" shouted Zack, one of the intern with whom Ryan was sharing the suite.

Ryan had visited Vegas a few times in past with Ted but they have always stayed in some small motel, it was his first time to stay in a five star hotel's suite, that too of Bellagio, which is famous worldwide for its luxury.

They have reached their hotel by midnight, but the city was full of energy and shining like a diamond in desert.

The sheer audacity of the usage of bright lights was putting Times Square to shame.

"Hello, oh okay, will be right there" said Ryan on phone

"Zack, Williams want us to be in the conference centre in 30 mins" said Ryan after completing the call.

Ryan dressed in a pair of blue jeans and white shirt, paired it with a designer jacket, gifted to him by Nafisa.

"Hello Everyone, how are you finding Las Vegas?" shouted Williams on the mic from the podium of conference room.

The room was full of energetic interns, who were a lot excited after clearing first lap of the race of becoming a stock broker.

There was a loud cheer in the room.

"I won't bore you much with any lecture, just want to announce that all of you will be getting casino chips worth the amount of profit you generated in the examination, they are non redeemable as it is, gamble as much as you can."

Another loud cheer followed.

"Drinks are on the house, so drink as much as you can, take drugs if you must but make this a weekend of your lifetime"

Before he can complete, the house went berserk, there was cheering and hooting in the room as if a rock concert was going on.

Williams smiled and continued "Ohh and hookers do accept casino chips here, so fuck as much you like, just remember we are going back on Sunday evening, make full use of Vegas" and popped open a champagne.

Amidst the loud cheer and dances, HR team started distributing the casino chips among the interns. Ryan got his share of chips worth twelve thousand five hundred dollars, highest among all the interns.

Ryan was neither into drugs nor hookers, his only passion being money, so he collected his chips and moved straight towards Blackjack table.

He has learned card counting, a technique that predicts the upcoming card in Blackjack, thanks to his stint as a dealer in his illegal casino. It was time to put his skills to a test.

He sat on an empty chair in a $200 minimum bet table, and placed the minimum bet on the table, he has to analyse the play in action before pushing the bets.

After losing over a grand in eight games, Ryan was confident that he has got the hold of the game and can predict the cards right.

"Let's push these fucking bets" said Ryan and placed a bet of two grands.

Dealer dealt a eight of hearts to Ryan and a king of diamonds to himself, He then got a ten of spades, taking his total to 18, a pretty decent stand in Blackjack.

Dealer now need either of nine, ten or a face card to beat him, but Ryan knew that he will get a seven. Dealer dealt his card and indeed got a seven, doubling Ryan's bet in an instant.