13. Much Needed Respect

Next morning while Ryan was still half slept, he got a sms on his newly acquired iPhone 6s. He checked the phone with his right eye, his left eye still closed.

Your Bank of America account number XXXXXXXXX1078 has been credited with $10,000,000.00 Your available balance is $10,020,326.55

The amount of deposited ran chill through his spine, he hurriedly sat down on the bed and read the message again, he counted the numbers thrice to confirm that amount is ten million dollars.

While he was still fiddling with the message, the phone started ringing, he picked it up in one bell without seeing the number.

"Good Morning Buddy, hope you have checked your account balance" came Williams voice

"Yes Sir, I just got the message, but ten fucking millions?" asked a shocked Ryan

"It's your bonus for the deal, I am in the middle of a swimming session, come to my cabin directly after reaching the office." said Williams and disconnected the call.

Ryan was still shocked, he called up Nafisa to share the news with her, after a brief call he took a quick shower and got ready for the office.

Ryan reached office and went straight to Williams cabin where he was busy on a call with his signature cigar struck in his mouth. He signalled Ryan to sit, while he was talking some gibberish in Mandarin Chinese over his phone.

"Thanks for the bonus" said Ryan when Williams was done with his call.

"It's just the start buddy, you have been named the VP in the company, you will be reporting directly to me, you are getting a new cabin right next to mine" said Williams

"Thank You" was all an astonished Ryan could manage to utter.

"Stick around Buddy, we have a world to conquer." replied Williams

"Talking about conquering the world, i have been doing some work over last night and came to a weird conclusion, the crude oil is at all time high of $113 per barrel and the way the Saudis are playing their part, i am expecting a huge fall in the pricing coz of huge Supply & Demand gap. I am expecting the prices to halve in next couple of months" said Ryan.

"Crude to get halved? Weird but i would like to hear more about it" replied Williams.

Ryan took out some rough papers and print outs from his bag and started discussing it with Williams.

After around an hour of discussion Williams was pretty sure about this fall.

"Awesome Work Buddy" said Williams

"Thanks, I will start shorting the crude futures right away" replied Ryan

"Why do you want to waste your time in it? You have done the research, you have the lowly brokers to take care of the execution part" said Williams

"But.." Ryan tried to said something but Williams cut him in between

"You have bigger things to do in life then to trade crude futures, You are a VP now and literally heads the stock brokers, assign this task to anyone and you get your ass moving on some big ticket moves" said Williams

"Okay.." replied Ryan

"I am heading out for a meeting now" said Williams and rose to leave his cabin. Ryan also rose from his chair to make his way to his new cabin.

"You are doing great buddy, just keep up with the good work" said Williams before exiting the room.

Ryan came to his new much bigger cabin, almost to the size of his dorm room in freshman year.

"Can i have a coffee please" said Ryan to his new assistant Laura. She was hot for her age of late twenties, a petite women of size 12, her assets visible from her tight shirt. Not only her looks, she had a good sense of humour and an eye for details. All in all, a perfect assistant for Ryan.

"Thanks Laura" said Ryan as she placed the coffer on his table.

"Can you please ask Sebastian from Trading Floor to come to my cabin at once?" said Ryan

"Sure Thing" replied Laura and went to her desk.

"Hey Ryan, you called for me?" asked Sebastian entering the cabin.

"I hope you are aware of the fact that i am your boss now, and we are not on first name terms or are we?" said Ryan with a crisp attitude.

He still had the memories of his first day in the office and how Sebastian bullied him in front of the whole trading floor. Its payback time.

"Sorry Mr. Singh, so what can i do for you?" replied Sebastian biting his lips. He was hating every second of this encounter with Ryan, but had to save his job too, he knew about Ryan's closeness with Williams, and he didn't wanted to take any chances.

"A lot better now Sebastian.." replied Ryan. He was getting a strange pleasure in bullying the bully.

"I have came up with a theory that the crude prices are to fall over next couple of months, So i am assigning you to short as much crude futures possible over next couple of weeks". said Ryan

"Crude is to fall? Its at a life time high.. Doesn't makes sense" said Sebastian.

"I have not invited you to debate on the topic but to assign you to the job. Don't get into how and what will happen, just do as i say" said Ryan, raising his voice a bit.

"Okay Mr. Singh" replied a visibly angry Sebastian

"My assistant will forward the details and strategy to you, assign your best stooges into this job, we need to short at least $250 Million worth of crude futures over next couple weeks" said Ryan

"Okay Mr. Singh" replied Sebastian

"Don't fuck up, you may leave now" said Ryan

Sebastian rose from his chair and left the cabin.

Ryan stretched on his chair, kept his legs on the table and thought "what goes around, comes around". He was feeling a strange pleasure in a wicked way.

He took his copy of Wall Street Journal in search of his next big ticket move.