Chapter Thirteen-The Marsten House-Late 1975

PART FIVE

In the late summer of 1975, the hot winds came to 'Salem's Lot.

They came from The Marsten House.

And, when the temperatures reached 88 degrees, Larry Crockett was visited by Richard Straker. And, when it demanded coffins to come to the House, it moved its skeletal face, and tapped its large, black colored cane in its right, clawed hand, and forced Larry to bend to its will.

I

Richie Boddins was pissed.

He grabbed an axe in his right hand and headed to Mark Petrie's house...And, while he silently stalked his enemy, he saw Ralphie Glick.

"You look shit, turd breath".

And, to his horror, Ralphie bit him in the neck with his sharp fangs, and drained him of blood.

II

Milt Crossen saw Richard Straker.

"What's it you want?".

And it smiled, and fed on the townsman with his  bloody fangs.

III

Mark Petrie wasn't mad anymore; he was tired.

And when he heard of more disappearances in 'Salem's  Lot, of children...he shivered.

IV

Constable Gillespie was interested in the death of Mike Ryerson. He kept tabs on everyone who'd died; he lost count.

He tapped his Missing Persons' Report on his Office typewriter, and filed it under the title:

MISSING AND LOST OR MURDERED VICTIMS IN 'SALEM'S LOT AND

JERUSALEM'S LOT 1939-75

Once he put the 555 page report in a huge red colored file, he placed it in Inventory & Storage, and took a long delayed lunch break.

Page 14