Chapter 3

The screams of their fans could be heard inside the hotel lobby and Lauren gripped Camila's hands a little tighter. Dinah, Normani and Ally stood in front of them like a living wall, shielding them from any possible looks as they got mentally ready to leave the hotel.

"It's gonna be fine," Camila whispered and leaned her forehead against Lauren's, knowing how much her girlfriend detested large crowds. Especially now that not only their fans but paparazzi as well were going to try and get a glimpse of the two of them. "Nothing bad is going to happen. A security guard will be with you and protect you until you are inside the car where I'm waiting for you. No one is going to hurt you and you are going to be fine. Okay?"

Lauren nodded and drew in a deep breath.

"I'm right in front of you and Dinah is right behind you," Camila continued. "You are not alone. Ignore whatever they are going to shout at you, keep your head down and, no matter what happens, don't stop until you reach the car."

"There are so many," Lauren mumbled with her eyes closed as the chants got louder. "It weren't so many yesterday... they know. They all know..."

"They think  they know. We haven't officially confirmed it yet," Camila reminded her. "Right now everything is just a giant rumor and we will treat it as one. We're going through this together, okay? Remember what Janet told us. Act as if everything is normal. Stick to the plan."

With another nod, Lauren pulled away and squared her shoulders. A look to the others revealed that they were busy checking out the crowd that had gathered outside. "What's the verdict?"

Ally turned to them while Normani's and Dinah's focus remained where it was. "They don't seem vicious and more excited than anything else. A few of them are holding posters, but we can't read what's on them. The paparazzi are on the right, some are trying to get videos and pictures of us through the glass doors while we're standing here. Normani counted, there are seventeen of them."

Camila's jaw dropped. "Seventeen?!"

"Fuck," Lauren cursed softly and glared towards the entrance.

"We know five of them," Ally told them, "and they were always very respectful and nice to us when we were in London. The others are wild cards."

"You said they have video cameras?" Camila asked quietly and Ally nodded.

"And they will probably scream all kinds of questions at us when we're walking towards the street. It's gonna end up on YouTube less than an hour from now, I have no doubt about that."

"Know your enemy and don't underestimate them," Lauren muttered and flicked her hair over her shoulder.

"Exactly."

"Girls, we're ready to move," Janet called from behind them, striding through the lobby with five burly men trailing behind her. "This is our new security detail. Martin, Jonathan, Ian, Frank and Stephan. And gentlemen, these are Ally, Lauren, Camila, Normani, and Dinah Jane. Camila and Lauren are going to be the prime target of paparazzi and fans today."

The girls muttered a shy greeting and waved towards the men who looked all very intimidating.

"We're going to move you as quickly as possible to the car," said Ian, a dark-haired man in his forties. "They won't get the chance to concentrate on each of you individually, so we're all heading out at the same time. Do no stop, do not look up, do not talk to any of them, simply walk forwards. We're going to guide you through the crowd to safety. Ally, you're the first one since you're the smallest. Martin is your guard."

Martin nodded friendly to Ally who smiled nervously.

"Next up, we have Normani with Stephan, followed by Camila with Jonathan, Lauren with me, and Dinah Jane with Frank," Ian continued and the men took their positions next to each girl. "Let's get moving, people!"