Chapter 4

"Today we have the five lovely ladies of Fifth Harmony in the studio," Mike, the radio host, said enthusiastically into the mic. "Hello to Normani, Ally, Dinah, Camilla and Lauren!"

"Good morning," they chorused.

"Even the greeting is in harmony! I can see why you have that name!" He called out and the girls forced a smile at the overused joke. "Now, did I get all of your names right? There's some crazy ones in there..."

"It's Camila,"  Lauren emphasized and her girlfriend shot her a quick smile. "Not Camilla. But other than that you were fine."

"Right." He nodded and glanced down to his notes. "How do you like it here in the UK? How's the jet lag treating you?"

"London is beautiful," Normani answered. "We love the architecture and the people and the accent... honestly, it's probably my favorite city after Paris."

"And the English breakfast," Camila added. "You can't forget that!"

"Or the afternoon tea," Ally said. "So, so good!"

"The jet lag was a bitch, though," Lauren complained and rubbed her temples. "I felt like crying, I was so cranky. I'm pretty sure I actually was crying at some point or another, it's just crazy. My inner clock tells me it's the middle of the night and it's time to sleep, but our manager tells me to get out of bed and get ready for the day..."

"And he just won't go away until we're standing dressed in the hallway," Dinah groaned. "It's torture. It's like we're in the army or something..."

"Your manager wakes you up?" Mike asked amused.

"Well, usually one of our moms does it," Camila answered. "Usually it's either mine or Normani's. Sometimes Dinah's. It depends who's with us at the time. Ally doesn't need anyone to throw her out of the bed, she's up and perky no matter what call time we have."

"I saw a video online this morning," Mike said and the girls tensed up. "Was that your mother, Dinah?"

"Um, there are many videos of us and our moms," Dinah stalled. "One of them is always with us and ends up in our Snapchats or somewhere else. They're, like... omen–... omni–... what's the word?"

"Omnipresent," Camila and Lauren chorused.

"Yeah, that one. They're everywhere."

"Don't play with me, you know very well which video I mean," the radio host said with a smirk. "It's creating quite some buzz online. Any comment?"

"Oh, you mean the live stream I did this morning?" Dinah asked casually, acting as if she was clueless. "What can I say, I'm a prankster at heart. I get that from my mom. I couldn't sleep and wanted to wake up some of the girls as a joke."

But he didn't stop there. "It looked as if you, Camila, and you, Lauren, were together in one of the hotel rooms. What was that about?"

Lauren shrugged. "Camila's mom shares a hotel room with her, just like Normani and Dinah do with their mothers while we're here in London. Since I have one for myself, I offered it to any of the girls in case they want to have a night away from their moms. And Camila took me up on that last night. That's it."

The other girls exchanged smiles at Lauren's impressive answer. It was the truth. She just hadn't given him all the details.

The radio host narrowed his eyes in suspicion. "Dinah, your mom seemed very irritated by it. Why was she so angry if it was only a sleepover?"

"She's very protective of all of us," Dinah answered carefully, "and sometimes Camila forgets to tell Sinu, her mom, that she stays with one of us and Sinu gets really worried. One time Mila forgot her phone when she was out with her friends and Sinu literally was about to call the police..."