Chapter 10

The girls were gathered in front of the large TV in Lauren's hotel room after they had watched their Ellen interview. To their relief, neither of them found anything they could have said or done differently. It had been honest, funny, and informative. And soon they would discover how their fandom and the rest of the world would react to it.

They shot stolen glances at their publicist who had been staring at her laptop since the interview aired. Janet didn't allow any emotion on her face as she focused on the websites in front of her. Neither of the girls had the courage to look for themselves and so they were forced to wait until their publicist told them the basics. It was better to hear about the ending of their career from someone nice than from people who hated them.

"Anyone else notice that Mila didn't deny the pervert comment?" Dinah asked, trying to lighten up the mood. "She only said that she didn't shout at her!"

"How could she deny it? Only the Lord knows how often she has checked her out," Normani pointed out.

"I can look at my girlfriend as often as I want to." Camila glared at them and pulled a smiling Lauren closer to her. "That doesn't make me a pervert."

"She wasn't your girlfriend back then," Dinah argued.

"No, but she was and still is the most attractive girl I know."

Lauren blushed slightly and her smile widened, but Dinah, Normani, and even Ally looked offended and started to protest loudly.

"Excuse me?!"

"Take that back!"

"You were crazy about me!" The girls stopped and stared at Normani. "Uh... I mean... oh, screw this. You know you were! You were always flirting with me!"

Camila snorted before she was thrown into a fit of giggles. Gasping for air, she leaned against Lauren. Her girlfriend, however, wasn't amused and looked at Normani as if she had never seen her before.

"Oh my God, are you... serious?!" Camila wheezed and wiped some tears away before she started to laugh again.

"Why, thank you," Normani sulked and crossed her arms. "Good to know that you find it so funny..."

"What the fuck, are you hitting on my girlfriend?!" Lauren growled and Normani widened her eyes.

"NO! Dear Lord, no! I was just saying that..."

"... that you want my girlfriend  to flirt with you! I have some news for you... she's fucking taken!"

"I know that! I'm not hitting on her!"

Dinah and Ally rolled their eyes and Camila tried to stifle her giggles.

Janet chose this moment to clear her throat and let her gaze wander over the girls. Camila was almost rolling over the floor, Lauren was glaring at Normani who was trying to put as much space as possible between the couple and her. Dinah and Ally were discreetly pointing their phones at the others.

"I hope I won't find another video of this online, Dinah Jane Hansen and Ally Brooke Hernandez," Janet warned and the girls turned around to face her.

"Whaaat? No! Psh, I'd never!" Dinah said dramatically and flipped her hair over a shoulder.

"Are there any news?" Ally asked eagerly and immediately put the phone away. This caused the other girls so sober up and they gave Janet their whole attention.

"Oh, there are news," Janet said tiredly and rubbed her eyes. She rolled her shoulders and grimaced. "What would you like to know first? Your fans' reaction or the general public's opinion?"