s e v e n

S E V E N

E M I L I O

Today marks a full week I had been living in Wolf Hill, and I couldn't be happier. My paranoia of my parents finding me was still there, but they didn't know that werewolves existed, so I doubt they would be finding me. Though I was happy, I was extremely nervous today. According to Jasper, his father wanted to meet his son's mate and the next ruler to the pack.

When I heard that, I wanted to run away all over again. The next ruler?! Meet the current Alpha?! This was all to much and I was unsure whether I wanted to go through with it or not.

"Can we wait a few more days?!" I had whined to Jasper as he and I sat at Manda's dinner table, eating what she had prepared for us. Giving me an apologetic smile, he shook his head.

"Sorry, my dad is the Alpha and what he says goes. If he wants to meet you, then as his son and as someone who is currently under him, I have to do as he says," Jasper explained to me, "It'll be alright, Muffin, I'll protect you."

Now I was standing in front of the mirror, wondering if I was dressed appropriately. I didn't want to appear to casual, nor did I want to appear to formal. I didn't want to be sweating from nerves, but I didn't want to act all cocky either. Sighing, I deemed what I was wearing appropriate and focused on my hair.

A pair of black skinny jeans covered my skinny legs and on my feet were a pair of small, black dress shoes. I was also wearing a white button up shirt and had matched it with a black button up vest. I thought I looked good, but of course the Alpha could think differently.

After brushing through my hair and completing other hygienic procedures, I sat down on the bed and waited for Jasper to come for me. It wasn't long before a sharp knock was heard at the bedroom door. Jasper walked into the room, an apologetic smile on his face.

"You look good, Muffin," he complimented me. I inwardly cringed and snarled at the stupid nick name he had given me. I was not some pet hampster. Although, to him, I probably was since he was a wolf.

"Thanks, you look good to." And I was telling the truth. Jasper kept his appearance simple with a black button up that was neatly tucked in, black jeans that were held up by a black belt, and a pair of black loafers. His hair was jelled back, giving him a sophisticated look. I really liked it on him.

"Are you ready?"

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. All the moaning and complaining I did over the past few days should have been the perfect indicator that I was no where near ready. I mean, I was going to meet the Alpha of Wolf Hill and stand there like a lowly peasant as he judged me however he saw fit! What if he didn't like me for some reason? What if he knew my parents? My folks had connections to people who lived in Paris. The Alpha, being a man that ruled over his own mini country was bound to know of my parents?!

A question I hadn't thought of suddenly submerged, bobbing up and down in my mind like a dead body in water.

What if he didn't approve of homosexual relationships?

A large bundle of darkness settled in the pit of my stomach. I suddenly felt even worse. I wasn't ready for this. I wasn't ready for this?!

"Emilio, let's go." Jasper's deep voice was like a lifesaver, pulling me towards the shore and out of the deep sea of negativity which was my mind.

Nodding, I stood up and wiped my clammy hands on my jeans. I quickly made my way to Jasper's side and followed him out the door. As his hand grasped mine, I felt calm. My heart rate seemed to slow and all my fears and worries suddenly melted away. I found myself wanting more. I released a sigh and leaned into him.

"There's no need for you to worry Emilio, it'll be alright, I won't let anyone harm you." It was like a cozy blanket, keeping away the cold, uncomfortable air and releasing blissful warmth. I loved it.

"I just want to get this over with," I mumbled, a small smile on my lips. Jasper's chuckle seemed to make my entire body vibrate from pleasure. What were these feelings?! Every move he made or everytime he spoke, I seemed to have some type of positive reaction from it. I didn't understand, was this some wolf thing?!

Reaching the car, Jasper, like the gentleman he was, opened the door for me and ushered me inside. I was confused for a split second when he slid in beside me, having expecting him to drive us, but it melted away when he suddenly spoke.

"Please take us to my father's home."

"Yes sir."

The foreign voice made me jump. I didn't know he was there?! I inwardly frowned at how oblivious I was. Why didn't I pay attention to my surroundings?! This bad habit was sure to get me killed one day.

♡☆☆♡

We were well into the drive, and I could feel the demons inside of me creeping back into the front of my mind. All the fears and uncertain questions that I had been distracted from were back. Oh how I wished they would go away. I furtively glanced in Jasper's direction, taking in his expression. His features looked carefree; he really believed that nothing was going to go wrong. I desperately wanted to feel that way, but there was a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Something was bound to happen today, and neither of us would like it.

Jamie

Written : 4/26/16

Picture is Jasper, Dennis o