f o u r t e e n

F o u r t e e n

E M I L I O

They could feel it, every wolf in Wolf Hill felt it when Jasper and I had completed the mating bond, and about half of those wolves here hell bent on destroying me or resigning from the pack and leaving for good. A village of over 500 wolves was now a village of over 200, and the population was still dwindling as people left.

I stood behind Jasper, shivering in fright as an angry mob of wolves surrounded us.

"How could you mate with a lowly  vampire! What will become of Wolf Hill?! How will you produce a heir that has Alpha blood!"

"You filthy, disgusting leech!"

Words of hate floated around me like oxygen. I felt like I was falling apart, my heart was hurting so bad.

Jasper growled in warning, staring at the hundred or so wolves around us. Manda was holding onto my arm, whispering into my ear.

"Don't listen to them Emilio, its okay, I'm here for you."

"I've ruined everything," I whimpered, "Everything is my fault!"

A growl resonated through the air as Jasper was attacked. I screamed in horror as a ripple of pain shot through my arm. One of his warriors had taken a cheap shot at his paw, and now he was limping.

I didn't know who I was at that moment. Something inside of me snapped, something changed as I felt Jasper's pain. One minute I was standing beside Manda, and the next, I was standing over the decapitated warrior, blood dripping from my lips and his head crushed in my hands.

I stood as still as a statue, shocked at what I had just done. Everyone around me was shocked as well, until a cry of absolute pain and despair surfaced from someone in a crowd. A beautiful woman suddenly shot out, dropping to her knees by the corpse and crying into his chest.

I backed away, my eyes wide in terror for what I was sure about to come. All at once, a hundred or so wolves rushed at me, their eyes gleaming with hate. I took off into the village, dashing through buildings faster than the speed of sound. I could hear Jasper struggling to come to my aid as he fought off wolves that had taken it upon themselves to hold him down.

"Get back here, you filthy wretch! You should have never come here!"

I dashed through buildings and rushed down alleyways, but it was futile. Angry wolves seemed to emerge from everywhere, trapping me and making me feel claustrophobic. My heart swelled with fear when I was met with a dead end. I whimpered as I searched for an escape route, but there was none.

They rushed at me, and before I knew it, I was leaping over the huge wall that stood in my way. But that also proved to be futile as someone tackled me from the other side of the wall, tacked me right into the outstretched arms that ached to tear me to shreds.

I looked up, meeting the eyes of my attacker. My heart shot up into my throat as my eyes locked with the black pits that belonged to no one but Jasper's father, the Alpha.

He smiled down at me, but this wasn't a friendly smile. It was a smile filled with hate and malice. A smile with a dark intent.

"Hello, Emilio," he greeted me. I didn't respond, instead, I hardened my expression, glaring up at him. I spent my entire life cowering in fear, hating myself for who I was. People took advantage of my fear, took advantage of me. I was tired of it. The fact that I hated myself didn't change, but for once in my life, I was going to stand up for myself.

I stood up, my head held high and my stormy grey eyes glaring into those of the Alpha who was hell bent on ruining my life.

"Why are you doing this?" My eyes stayed trained on him as he started walking around me, surveying me.

"I'm doing this because it is my duty as Alpha. I have to make sure my son produces a heir worthy enough to lead Wolf Hill. Honestly, I wouldn't have minded if his mate was a human and was a woman. Yes, humans are weak, but the child still would have had my son's genes."

He paused, coming to stand in front of me.

"But that didn't happen. You weren't just a human, Emilio, but you are also a man. How do you expect to produce a heir? Two man cannot produce a child! I wouldn't have given two flying fucks if the circumstances were different and my son wasn't the Alpha, but he is."

He was angry, I could see it, and I also could see why he made the decision that he did. He wasn't doing this because he wanted to, or because he hated gay couples, he was doing this because he wanted his pack to continue to live on after he was gone.

I bowed my head in shame. I was being selfish. Jasper and I were being selfish. He needed to produce a heir, and I couldn't give him that.

The Alpha came to stand in front of me, placing a finger under my chin and lifting my head so that my eyes met his.

"I love my son Emilio, and I know that you both love eachother, but I must do what it takes to see to it that this pack survives. I'm not doing this because I'm evil, or because I hate you, I'm doing this because I have to."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. What was he talking about, what does he have to be?

"I'm sure you're a good person Emilio, but I must."

He lifted a dagger that I didn't even know he was holding. A scream left my lips and I tried desperately to tear myself away, but the Alpha was holding my head firmly. I might be a vampire and have increased strength, but I was a newly turned vampire and this Alpha wolf was stronger than I was.

"Please no!"I cried, tears streaming down my cheeks, "I'll leave, please don't hurt me!"

The Alpha shook his head and stared down at me with eyes filled with regret.

"If I don't kill you, Jasper will never move on. Sorry Emilo, but this must be done."

He lifted the sharp dagger and brought it down, just as a single gunshot was heard. My eyes were closed tightly, awaiting the pain that was sure to come. Seconds later, I opened my eyes to see the Alpha staring down at me in shock, the regret in his eyes replaced by extreme pain.

A delicious scent reached my nose, and I was drawn towards the source. A large hole in the Alpha's chest was spilling large amounts of blood. A single bullet could be seen inside of the hole, glaring at me mockingly.

The Alpha stumbled back away from me, gasping as blood shot out from his mouth and onto his chin and closed. He sunk to his knees, holding his chest as his wolf rushed to heal him, but it was in vain. According to what Jasper had told me, silver killed a wolf, burning them until nothing was left. The Alpha was done for, because that bullet in his chest was silver.

But I was confused. Because silver was so deadly, wolves across the world had chosen to keep silver as far away from them as possible. If that was the case, then why.......?

I watched as the Alpha fell onto his side, his eyes unseeing and his body not moving. A voice I had never thought I would hear again reached my ears, and I froze.

"Hello, Emilio, miss me?"

Written 5-19-16

Jamie.