e l e v e n

E l e v e n

J A S P E R

Blinding anger rippled through me, crashing into me like a tidal wave. I leapt through the air, colliding with my mate and growling down at him. He gasped and his body stilled, his eyes changing from the black that I was unfamiliar with to the grey that I loved so much.

He blinked rapidly, seeming unable to process the situation.

"Jasper." My name slipping through his soft, pink lips was heaven. The moment didn't last long, his confusion suddenly turning into extreme fear and regret as he looked over at the dead wolf and his companion who was still cowering in a corner. Tears spilled out of his eyes and he started to hyperventilate.

"I killed him," Emilio rasped. My heart sunk into my chest. Shifting, I pulled Emilio flush against me, feeling the familiar tingles I got everytime I touched him. Though, being in my arms didn't calm him. His body shook with silent sobs, and I continued to hold him as if he would disappear.

"I'm a monster," Emilio wheezed, "I'm a monster Jasper."

Picking him up, I held him close to my chest and left the dungeon. I kept my eyes peeled for my father, noticing that he was no where in sight. 'That's smart of him,' my wolf grumbled in the back of my mind, 'Because as soon as I see him I'm gonna fucking kill him. It's time for a new Alpha anyway.'

He was absolutely livid, shaking in anger at the fact that someone had hurt his mate so bad. To my surprise, he didn't care that Emilio wasn't a human anymore, what hurt both of us the most was the fact that we couldn't mate. Werewolves and Vampires weren't meant to mate. We weren't compatible with eachother and those who had mated ended up dying. No one knew why, or how, it would forever remain a mystery.

I still felt the tingles though, and my mark was still shining proudly against his pale skin. I didn't know what this meant. It scared me to think of what was to come next. The pack would never accept a vampire. I would be forced to kill multiple members if they dared to harm Emilio. I didn't want to, but Emilio was more important.

---

"Where is he?!" the man asked, grabbing the captive wolf by the throat. He held up a syringe filled with liquid silver, smiling as the wolf's eyes filled with fear.

"I'm sure you're familiar with what's in this syringe, aren't you?" the man let go of the wolf's throat, stepping back and flicking the syringe mockingly.

"As soon as it enters a wolf's veins, it immediately starts burning you, turning your organs into liquids and turning your bones into mush. By the time it's finished, you'll be no longer in existence, for it will contine to burn your body until there is nothing left but a small puddle of liquid silver."

The man stopped, staring at the wolf who was cowering away in the corner, whimpering in fear.

"Amazing, isn't it?"

The man wasn't expecting an answer from the abomination in front of him, so he contined talking.

"When Emilio came home with a wolf's mark, I remember just wanting to kill him. How could he be the mate of a fucking wolf? Your disgusting kind!"

A loud yelp resonated around the room as the man, Mr. Sanchez, kicked the weak wolf in the abdomen with his steel toe boots. A large patch of fur and skin was burned, leaving the wolf in extreme pain.

"Now." He stood in front of the wolf, squatting until he was eye level with the wolf. "Tell me where he is, and I will let you and your family live. If you don't tell me, I will make you witness as I kill your entire pack, one by one, and then kill you."

The wolf closed his eyes, sinking into defeat. He didn't want to betray his Alpha, but he still had his mate back at home with his son and unborn child. There was no way he was going to allow this cruel man to harm them. He would do anything to protect his Alpha, even if that meant betraying him.

With a heavy heart, the wolf spoke for the first time since he had been kidnapped.

"Wolf Hill."

-------

I still couldn't come to terms with what had happened to me. I still didn't want to believe the fact that I was no longer a human, but a vampire, the very things that werewolves despised.  On the way to Manda's house, I could feel the glares and feel the resentment and hate off of every wolf that we passed. By now, everyone knew what had happened and no one wanted to be near me. No one wanted to speak to me, and everyone was starting to believe that Jasper shouldn't be the next Alpha.

It's all my fault. Since my coming here, nothing good has happened for this pack. Everywhere I go I cause trouble, I even killed someone!

The decapitated wolf suddenly surfaced inside my brain, causing my heart to hurt. I hated myself for what I had done, hated myself for what I had become. I hated it, hated it all.

Jasper's disapproving growl is what snatched me away from my inner demons.

"Stop thinking like that!" he seethed. Tears welled up in my eyes once more and I tore myself out of my arms, running back into the forest once more. I glided like the wind, almost not touching the ground as I ran. Though I was a vampire now, Jasper was still a wolf and easily kept up with me.

I stopped and jumped, latching onto a tree and climbing all the way to the top. Seconds later, I was perched on a branch, gasping as the entire land that Wolf Hill owned appealed to my eyes. It was so beautiful, and because of the change my body went through, I was able to see every little detail that I would have missed if I were still a human.

Two arms wrapped around me, and I relaxed into them, the familiar smell telling me that it was Jasper.

"Emilio," Jasper whispered. I turned, meeting his chocolate pools.

"It doesn't matter what happens down there, I don't care who gets mad or who doesn't approve, you will always be my mate, and I will always accept you, no matter who or what you are."

I turned away, not wanting to hear his words or feel what they were doing to my body. I remained silent, closing my eyes to keep my tears at bay.

Jasper wasn't having it.

Flipping me around, he pulled me into his lap and did the unthinkable.

I froze as his lips moved over mine, his tongue sliding into my mouth and exploring every crook and cranny in my mouth. Despite being cold and dead, my entire body was heated up by his kiss and I found myself kissing back fevetently, wanting to have him. His hands roamed my body, exploring every curve and settling on my bum.

I pulled back and gasped, a moan quickly following after as he gripped and rubbed my bum. A growl swam from the depths of his throat and he latched onto my bottom lip, pulling me closer.

"Jasper," I whimpered.

He responded with a growl and contined to kiss me, moving down my neck and licking and nibbling at his mark on my neck. My body immediately reacted. My hips bucked into his most sensitive spot, pitching a tent in his pants and elicting a delicious moan from him.

Pulling back, I placed my head on his chest, breathing deeply even though I no longer needed oxygen.

"You're mine Emilio," Jasper whispered.  I looked into his eyes, gasping as I was faced with the swirling abyss of his wolf's stare.

I leaned back into his chest, wishing with everything inside of me that what he said was true.

"Vampires and Werewolves can't mate."

Written 5/13/16

Jamie