~Chapter 1: the legend of the pure one~

Dream

~"Running..... Keep running.... Must protect..... Protect..... Save them!" A pure white wolf growls as it ran even faster across the green forest floor. It freezing and covering itself in frost where the wolf had stepped, leaving behind a trail of white beauty in its wake. "Must save..... Kill..... Kill the cold one!" The wolf howls as it catches the scent of the cold one, a filthy vampire, just ahead. "Faster.... Faster.... Run faster...." The wolf roars as it catches up to the cold one. Their skin glowing and shimmering as a ray of sunlight peaks through a cloud. The vile beast hisses at the protector, the savior of the shapeshifter tribe. Growling the white wolf takes a stance tensing its muscles. The cold one speeds away knowing it cannot win. The protector runs after the faceless cold one. Matching its speed the wolf pounces on the cold one. Screeching the vampire hisses trying to escape the saviors wrath. The wolf roars in anger and lowers its muzzle to the cold ones head and clamps its fearsome jaws around it. The cold one cries out in fear of what awaits for it after the end of its immortal life. Twisting its head the wolf decapitates the cold one. Tossing the head away the head the wolf sits back and howls to the moon in victory of its kill. "Protect.... Keep protecting.... Keep the tribe safe.... Pure one" a voice whispers in the wind. ~
                            ~end of dream~

Alena's pov:
I gasp as I jerk upright. Looking around frantically I realize that I'm in my room. Calming down I murmur to myself "what the hell?" I scan my room to make sure it was just a dream. Sighing I look down and realize I fell asleep by my window stargazing again. "Alena" I hear my dad say opening say opening my door. "Yeah?" I yawn tiredly looking at him with dull eyes. He sighs and says "how many times have I told you to actually sleep in your bed and not your window?" Rolling over to me in his wheelchair. Yawning with my eyes closed I say "about 85." Chucking dad Ruffles my matted bed head and says "get ready we're going to go see Charlie today." I nod and stand up heading over to my closet as dad rolls out of the room. I scan my clothes looking for something comfortable to wear. I decide to wear my black ACDC t-shirt along with a pair of black skinny jeans. Grabbing my choice of clothing I walk to the bathroom to take a shower. I knock on the door hearing someone in there. The door opens to reveal my older brother Jacob. "What?" He ask brushing his long hair. I silently point to the shower getting my message he walks out and heads back to his room to get ready. I walk into the bathroom and get ready.

~time skip~

After getting my shower over and done with I get dressed and head back to my room. I grab my combat boots and pull them on, brushing my my hair right after. "Alena! Time to go!" Dad yells from the kitchen. "Coming!" I yell back grabbing my iPod and headphones on the way out. Running Outside I jump over the porch and run over to the truck hopping into the bed of it waiting for dad and Jacob to come out. "Someone's eager to see Charlie again" Jacob says walking out the door, dad rolling out behind him. I smile and say "can you blame me? Charlie's awesomeness has yet to rub off on you guys." "Hey!" Jacob yells running over to me. Laughing I jump the truck run around Jacob running after me. He suddenly grabs me from behind making me scream in surprise. "Caught you, you little squirt!" Jacob yells laughing throwing me onto his shoulder. I slap his back still laughing and yell "put me down you freaking giant!" Chuckling Jacob sets me down and says "I'm not a giant your just short." Pouting I mumble "meany" under my breath. "Alright you two into the truck you go" dad says smiling rolling his way over to the truck. "Shotgun!" I yell running to the truck. "What? No!" Jacob says loudly while running after me. I reach the truck and Jump into the passenger seat grinning like an idiot at my victory. Jacob slows down to a stop once he realizes he lost. Groaning he helps dad into the driver's seat grumbling as he puts his wheelchair into the bed of the truck hopping into it once he's done. Dad just rolls his eyes and starts the truck heading off the Res and into Forks. I grab my iPod out of my pocket and plug in my headphones and listen to some ACDC as we ride by the forest. Looking out the the window I Catch a glimpse of large black eyes staring at me. Startled I look into the rear view mirror to see the eyes were gone. Sighing I close my eyes thinking it was my imagination playing tricks on me.