One

"My mind is completely filled with thoughts of you-"

His eyes gazed out the rather large, rather filthy windows, onto a wet, oily street. Cars drove past, kicking up the murky mix in their wake, splashing those who were not quick enough to move. Including a very withered looking youth whose hands gripped tightly onto a white envelope.

He found himself watching the scene with something akin to pity.

The force pushed the youth to the side, that bright white rectangle fumbled out of his grasp, onto the soaked cement. He watched as the other scrambled to the ground, reaching out, his worn jeans colored red at the knees with the way he crawled, grabbing for what he'd dropped as it was swept away, kicked farther and farther by leather-clad feet.

Panic was clear in the way his eyes watered, in the way he shouted (though he couldn't hear him) at the passing crowd. Perhaps some listened as glances were cast down, towards the youth, but that did not mean they cared.

He shouldn't have cared either, but couldn't help the way his eyes burned, or the way his heart ached. He couldn't believe that he was on the verge of tears over someone who he had never met, someone who didn't matter to him.

At last, that youth had once again held the (now dirty, greyish) envelope in his hand. And the smile of pure relief across his face sent shivers racing along his spine. That one gesture brought color and light into a dark day such as this one and his face grew warm. His heart raced. Slowly, his head lifted from its previous position of resting in his own palm.

His head felt light, his entire body filled with a rush of happiness and never before had this happened. It was new, and he felt electricity tingle through his body and his senses were hyper aware.

He went to stand, to get a better look at the youth whose smile was brighter than the sun, more beautiful than anything he'd ever had the pleasure of witnessing, but he was gone.

Vanished without a trace.

Nothing of that boy was left behind but the vivid, lovely memory of his struggle and his smile.

_______________

So... yoonseok tho

P.s. : Rubatosis- the unsettling awareness of your own heartbeat.