Fifteen [end]

"That moment of hesitation would already be me sketching out infinity for you..."

To the person that came to him like a dream, like something he did not knew he needed until it was already there, he gave his trust and his heart. That heart, though fragile and a bit underused, flourished in his hands, given life and kept beating by someone who was once a stranger.

To Min Yoongi, there was nothing more precious than the love he'd learned from the younger boy, who, by now, was a man with twinkling eyes and a young spirit. 

There were times he looked back to those days when he thought of this love as something impossible for him. It was saddening, to think he may have missed out on such a feeling had he not been dozing off, staring aimlessly out a window of a shop he'd since closed. 

On the otherhand, Jung Hoseok was still as radiant as ever. Still as hardworking and family-oriented. 

He tended to recall days of his young infatuation with the man in the store window. 

Though they knew it was love from the very first word they had spoken to one another, these were things they did not confess. Nor did they need to. It was, without question, destiny and fate that had brought them together. If even one thing had been different, if a single day had changed even in the most minuscule way, they would not be where they were today: Yoongi waiting at home, book in hand, for Hoseok to return home for the day with sweat on his brow and a smile sitting perfectly on his face.

They both worked now. Hoseok having finally given in and followed his dream; he was a dance teacher at a local studio. And Yoongi wrote music, for himself and for his fans. In all their years, neither could have pictured this as their life. It was wholesome and comfortable.  

Yoongi was nestled up in a blanket despite the nice spring weather outside. He checked the time on his phone every now and then, it had become a particularly prominent habit, waiting for the familiar sound of the front door unlocking.

Soon enough, he heard the gentle steps that had been embedded into his mind over the years. Their pitter-patter against the solid cement outside the door was enough to make him just a bit more bright. He sat up on the couch, setting his book aside and turning on the television, trying to remain calm. The jingling of keys was near now and his heart beat louder with every passing second. He questioned how it was possible for someone to have this effect on him. It was like he was in a constant state of expectancy and excitement, brought on by the thought of being near only one person.

The door opened and the previously dark room flooded with natural golden light from the setting sun and the smell of fried chicken. One of his favorites.

He fought the smile that always came with the arrival (or thought) of Hoseok, and stood to follow after the taller male into the dining room. He found the other fiddling with the plastic bags and his own duffel bag.

Yoongi wasted no time in wrapping his arms around the slim waist of Hoseok, resting his head on the plane of his back. He breathed in the smell of sweat and laundry detergent. Notes of cologne that Yoongi picked out as a birthday present for him were there as well. "Welcome home," he said after clearing his throat, though his low voice still came out raspy and strained.

He didn't have to see him to know he was smiling. The taller turned in his grip, draping his long arms over Yoongi and reciprocating the affection. Hoseok pulled back to take the other's face into his gentle hands. "Aigoo, is my love still not feeling well?" He asks in an overly sweet voice.

Yoongi blushes and pushes the other's hands away, causing him to laugh, loud and joyful. "Whatever, let's eat now. I'm starving."

The day ended as Yoongi pulled Hoseok into bed, disregarding his complaints of being gross and sweaty, and into a position consisting of tangled limbs and deep breaths.

They didn't, and wouldn't ask for more than this. To them, everything came in the form of each other. Love and understanding. Adventure and possibility. Home.

Forever.

end.

_____

unedited

well, that's it.

i couldn't think of any other way this could have ended. it was simple and cute, something i personally enjoy, so i thought it fit.

i'll write my thanks (and a few surprises) in the following part so look out for that.

i hope you all have enjoyed this, and thank you for reading!