Six

"I want to press my lips to yours-"

Hoseok gripped the soft cloth tighter, the sheets wrinkling in his tight grip.

"Could you please be more gentle?" The other chuckled lowly, enjoying how annoyed the older sounded.

"I am being gentle."

Hoseok scoffed and whacked his friend in the head. "Stop being mean and put the bandage on already!"

Taehyung groaned, rubbing his head. "I wouldn't even have to do this if you stop getting hurt!"

The door to Taehyung's room burst open and his younger sister entered, throwing a shoe at the pair. "I'm trying to study and you two are being very inconsiderate!" She waved quickly at her brother's friend muttering an annoyed "Hey, oppa," before going back to nagging them about how she had finals to study for and papers to write.

Hoseok smiled at Nari, he always told her she looked like a hamster when she got mad. The younger girl was like a sister to him, being that he and Taehyung have been friends for as long as he could remember.

Nari and Hoseok's own sister also got along very well, despite the age difference. Jiwoo was still in high school and looked up to Nari very much.

The Kim family has always been kind to the Jung family, seeing as the latter family has quite a few hardships.

They weren't a well off family. Hoseok, being the man of the house, has worked since his first year of high school. Now, as a graduate, he's started a full time job at a restaurant, as a waiter/busboy. He also picked up a part time job, working at a fast food joint as a delivery boy.

He often wished he could live like his friend. Taehyung was still a student, hoping to become a teacher, or something easy. He envied that Taehyung was able to sleep in until noon, and he had free time to hang out with his friends that weren't Hoseok.

Once, Taehyung had asked Hoseok to come along with him and his school friends. They went to a nice little cafe and they all ordered fancy drinks and sandwiches, to which Hoseok had to wave the waitress away.

He didn't have money to spare, not when his baby sister needed new shoes and his mother's birthday was coming soon.

That was the reality of his life, there was always something he had to work for, always something to keep him going. He didn't have the luxury of time and money.

He worked so his sister didn't have to be ashamed of how she lived, kids could be cruel. He worked so his mother had nice things and she could rest or have tea and visit with friends.

Taehyung offered to pay, which only drew his friends' attention and Hoseok smiled brightly, declining as his watch beeped, signaling he had twenty minutes before his shift began at the fast food place.

He'd already been wearing his white polo, his black pants and shoes. Without shame, he pinned his name tag on, scooped his fluffy black hair into the snapback and said his goodbyes. Taehyung tried to offer him a ride, but still, he said he was fine. Eyes followed as he exited the shop and ran down the way, disappearing from sight. All the while, he smiled, because what else could he do?

There was a rush in his veins and the exhaustion helped him to fall asleep at night.

He smiled, thinking about how he'd be able to feed his family for another day, another week. He could feel proud of himself as his sister thanked him for whatever surprise he picked at one or two in the morning as he walked home. He could always count on praise and hugs from his mother.

All he wanted to do was make people proud, wanted to prove that hard work is just as fulfilling as going to college and having fancy things. To him, it didn't matter if he got a little banged up as long as he showed everyone that he was fine, that he could do this himself.

When Nari finishes her rant and declared she was going to bed, Taehyung looked at Hoseok seriously. "Now," he said, pulling a pillow into his lap, "what was the real reason you took the night off to come and spend the night with me?"

"What are you talking about? I honestly just missed hanging out with you, my best friend."

The younger scoffed, "Yeah right." His eyes turned sad, "Lately you haven't had any time for me at all... and now I had to hear from Nari that you have another job."

Hoseok just smiled, he knew his friend wasn't actually mad at him, he was just worried. "Sorry," he says. Taehyung glares at him for another minute before giving in, choosing to hit him with a pillow instead. "But you are right... there is something that's been on my mind and I can't stop thinking about it. Its gotten to the point where its hard for me to concentrate at work."

"Wow, this must be serious then," the younger says worriedly.

"Yeah well... there's this guy..."

_____

and the plot thickens...