Hidden Lambswool

Your P.O.V

You hand Josephine some lambswool that you had from some of your previous adventures, "Here. Will this be enough for some more armor for the mages?"

Josephine took the lambswool from your hands, "This will do for now, but we still need some just in case the armor is damaged and it needs to be repaired. Can you find out where Cole has hidden the rest of the lambswool or maybe go out and get some more?" She puts the lambswool you gave her to the side.

You smile and say, "Don't worry I don't think Cole hid it to far. I'll find it." 

"Thank you inquisitor." Josephine picks up her quill and starts writing away again. 

You go outside to look for Cole. You needed to ask Cole where he put the lambswool, because you were not going out to get some more lambswool. Even though it's really easy to get if you just went out, you kind of wanted an excuse to talk to Cole. He could be anywhere. You decide to look at the edge where you two were sitting earlier, but he wasn't there. You then try the tavern, but he wasn't there either. You searched the gardens, the kitchen, the stables, you even checked your own quarters, but he was nowhere to be found. There was only one place you hadn't checked. The room Solas used to be in. How could you forget that room? Solas actually liked Cole and wasn't weirded out by him. Plus that room was one of the first rooms when you enter the main hall. 

You walk over to Solas's old room and sure enough Cole was there. His back was facing towards you and he sat on the table dangling his feet you start to walk towards him him. "What are you doing?"

Cole was silent for a moment, then he spoke, "This room is sad. He didn't want to leave, but he had to. I wish I could have helped."

You looked at Cole. You felt bad. Solas was one of the few that understood Cole. 

"Why would you feel bad for me? Solas was someone that would actually want to be friends with me, but he has his reasons to leave. I also still have a friend here." Cole looked up slightly.

Another friend? He considered another person his friend? Who could it be? Your minded raced through all of the people who could potentially be his friend. You finally gave up trying to figure it out and just asked, "Who is your other friend?"

Cole's head titled downward again, "They are very nice and helpful. They smell like a sweet summer rose and they actually like talking to me. They are looked up to by many and have a mind that seems bright like light reflecting off a mirror into your eyes. This person is my best of friends and has stuck around even though they know what I am."

You started to think that maybe it was Varric. Varric did just think of Cole like another kid. You weren't so sure about the smelling like a sweet, summer rose though. "I think Varric smells more like sweat and druffalo, but if you think he smells like a sweet, summer rose than that's okay." You walked around the table so that Cole was facing you. 

Cole was still looking down, "Varric isn't the friend I'm talking about," he looked up at you, "The friend I'm talking about is you." He smiled a bit.

You were of course happy that he actually thought of you as a friend Cole doesn't really have many people he can call friend. Your also were happy that you and Cole are now closer. He is sort of.....Wait! Stop thinking that he can hear your thoughts remember. You smiled and asked, "You really think I smell like a sweet, summer rose?" you laughed a bit.

Cole looked confused again and he looked up at you.

You got nervous. He can hear what you're thinking and him looking at you didn't really help with you being nervous. "Are you alright Cole? You look a little confused," your voice was a bit shaky and you had a really awkward smile.

"Why do you always try to make it so I can't hear what you're thinking?" Cole looked back down.

You looked at Cole. The smile that was on his face earlier was completely gone now. He looked very confused and almost sad. Did you hurt Cole? Oh no, poor guy. He doesn't understand why and he can't know why you're hiding your thoughts from him yet,"I didn't hide them, because I don't want to be your friend. I hid the thoughts, because the thoughts I've been having lately are different than the thoughts I usually have when I'm around you and they aren't appropriate yet."

Cole didn't really react to what you said. He still had that look on his face and he just turned his head to the side a bit. "If there is something wrong I can help you. I like helping people. You don't need to hide your thoughts from me."

His words all of the sudden reminded you of the lambswool that you needed to get, "Well, now that you mention it there is something you can help me with. I heard that you took the lambswool needed for the mages armor."

Cole looked up. The expression that was on his face earlier was gone and his face went back to normal, "The stables get cold at night."

You guessed that made sense. It was fall now so it is a bit colder outside than usual, but It was this cold when we first got to Skyhold, if not colder, and he didn't try to keep your horse warm before.

"Why are you just now trying to keep the them warm?"

"You'll see when we get the lambswool."

You two headed to the stables, so that Cole could show you where and why he hid the lambswool. You looked up at the sky. The sun was just starting to go down. The sky was painted yellow, orange and red. The few wisps of clouds danced around the sun and reflected a pink light while orange and red outlined their figures. It was really quite beautiful. You don't see sunsets very often. You are usually fighting in, Maker knows where. It was kind of nice to just to be able to look up at the sky for a while and not have to worry about saving the world. 

You two arrived at the stables and Cole pointed to where the lambswool was. It was lining the inside of the stables, so it could be used to keep heat in. You didn't really see why Cole put it there. You walk closer to the stable and are about to grab the lambswool, then you see why Cole put the lambswool there. The thing inside the stable that he was trying to keep warm.

To be continued...